Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C240
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first MB from a friend, it's a 2001 C240 and is still under warranty....

I recently bought my first MB from a friend, it's a 2001 C240 and is still under warranty. It drives fine, except I notice some noises. I wanted to have it check because of (1) I hear a grinding sound whenever I move the shifting gear, I'm not sure if there is a technique to avoid that. The noise is apparent when you are not confined inside the car, i.e., when the car door is still open, and (2) when driving up or down a slope, I hear sound coming from the back of the car, as if there is some loose metal shifting around. I checked the trunk and there is nothing in it. So, I started calling MB dealers in the NJ area, lo and behold, one of the dealers is giving me a September appointment and when I asked for a Saturday, I was told it is reserved only for people who bought their cars from them. All of them informed that loaner cars are available for those who bought their cars from them. Is this the norm in all dealerships ? I was under the impression that since it's a MERCEDES, customer service would be excellent. Can someone recommend a good MB dealer for service or any independent service center in the NJ area. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I guess it depending on the manager on site. I bought my cars in CA. Now I live in IN, I...

I guess it depending on the manager on site. I bought my cars in CA. Now I live in IN, I got a loaner the first time I went to INDY for service. It wasn't a Mercedes though, it was a rental car paid for by them. Still better than walking. But then since the INDY is a hour away from here, I had been waiting for my car at the dealership and looking and sitting in their new cars in the showrooms for a few more years. Until they messed up my car the second times.

·
Registered
1995 C280, 2008 SLK 280 Edition 10, 2006 Cadillac STS
26 Posts
I live in Fort Wayne, IN. I bought mine used from an Ifiniti dealer but whenever I take i...

I live in Fort Wayne, IN. I bought mine used from an Ifiniti dealer but whenever I take it to the MB dealer for service I always get a loaner. My wife had a Volvo that she bought in Indy and whenever she took it to the Volvo dealer in FW they did not give her a loaner because she didn't buy it from them. I guess it depends on the management, which determines whether I will return. Needless to say we don't have the Volvo anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts