Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had rear end accident in my W126 this afternoon.[:(]
I was in the stop-and-go heavy traffic flow.
Three vehicles were involved, and I was at the third.

Good news and bad news.

Good news is I did not hurt at all (W126 really a tank) and did not get any citation from police.

Bad news is my W126 is badly broken. I hit Ford Ranger pick up. Front bumper, grill, hood, radiator, etc. The car barely runs with smoked, so towed approximately 30 miles to back home. Claimed insurance policy, but do not know how much the estimations is going to be.

It looks like that I would not be able to afford it.
So I am thinking selling this for parts car and getting earlier (cheaper) W126 or W124.
I really cannot hide my passion and enthusiasm on Mercedes-Benz.
Any suggestions about this one?

Or do you guys know anyone who buys W126 for parts?
If there is, how much fair price would be?

Please help me out!

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
If you have insurance, how come you cannot afford it?? You only pay the deductable.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
Benz Devil - 4/3/2005 3:18 AM

So, I bought state minimum policy (which is called “liability�) that as far as I understand this policy covers only other vehicles.
you're right about liability insurance not covering your own car. but what about the guy you hit, or the person ahead of them? was it a no-fault situation, or can the other driver's insurance cover your costs?

it's worth a shot, anyway. chances are, you'll be left without coverage and you'll have to make a decision about investing money into fixing the current benz or starting from scratch with another one. unless it's a huge cost, i'd recommend fixing the car you now have -- at least you're familiar with its quirks and know what's been done to it and that you've taken good care of it. if you go for another w126, you may have to wait a looong time before a nice one comes your way for a price that is worth it... just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
61 Posts
how much you looking to spend on parts

for a reasonanlble price i may be willing to start cutting up one of my cars and hook you up with whatever you can use from my 300sd

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
find a bodyshop that works on benz. i am sure they will be willing to buy the car from you just to get it out of your hands. there are many shops like that. for instance, my body shop that painted the 420sel would buy a car from someone or the insurance if the insurance is not willing to pay for it calling it "totalled" when it really isn't. then the body shop would buy it, fix it and then sell it for profit. just try to get it off your hands completely, don't try to part away the car. I'm sure the rest of the car is in working order. good luck finding somebody.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Give Kenny at German Car service a shot. He may make you an offer if the car was in nice shape.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Like I said in another thread, I can't wait for gas to get to $5 or $6 a gallon here in the U.S.?

LOL! Can anybody guess how this post pertains to this overall thread?

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
MRTIKKET - 4/3/2005 10:20 PM

Like I said in another thread, I can't wait for gas to get to $5 or $6 a gallon here in the U.S.?

LOL! Can anybody guess how this post pertains to this overall thread?
Less cars on the road so i can cruise at high speed w/o worrying about some idiot with a poor sense of speed differential pulling out in front of me causing a rear end accident?[;)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts