Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late night cigarette run and the durned thing decided to go kaputz, no locks, no cut-off, nothing.

the stop lever under the hood really kind-of worked as a slow down lever heh heh

so i panic-ed a little bit and thought i had better drive around to build up some vacuum or my neighbors would get mad(it was 1:30am) but then it occured to me, the car always cuts off immediately when i run the a/c...and it worked.

call it a tip if you want, just thought i'd make a post about it[:)]

where to start?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
The A/C!! Somewhere hidden under that dash could be a vacuum line that's leaking. Get some three- and four-way connectors, then get a 2 meter line just in case. Then cut them accordingly.

·
Registered
1980 300D
309 Posts
The vacuum modulators behind the dashboard are good candidates for leaks, as well as the myriad of lines to the dreaded heater servo, as well as the heater servo itself...

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do i even have those things? it has manual climate control..

i bought the "manualest" car i could find with the lowest mileage so i could not deal with these things, but i guess this is how it is=)

·
Registered
96 E300D
817 Posts
Pop the power steering vacuum line off just above the vacuum pump and check the vacuum there with a guage. I spent a lot of time trying to trace vacuum leaks before I did this and found the pump needed rebuilding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Karugs,
"Get some three- and four-way connectors, then get a 2 meter line just in case. Then cut them accordingly."

What's a good source for these? I want to replace all my vacuum lines fairly soon. Many thanks.
DT

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know if they fit, but i saw a bunch of universal types at the back of my local McParts store, around the air/oil filters.

i might see if they have any mercedes specific parts, but i doubt it. itll be a "one size fits modt--badly" kinda deal, methinks.

how much do these run from the friendly mercedes parts deprtment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts