Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C320 Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ebay right now there is a navi for $1500 installed. Has anyone every added a navi to their car that did not come stock? Is there a difference? How accurate are they? Does any one have video or sound clips of the voice or the navi in action? Any one regret getting one or do you love it?! Where do I buy the cd's from? Are they very expensive? Any info or feedback will greatly help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2409596697&category=38653

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
COMAND

I bought a European version of the COMAND system from MBenzNL. His name is Steve. He insists on istalling the Euro version himself because there are wires which need to be moved. I don't think that is the case with the US COMAND. But since he will be in your area and the installation is included in the price, you may as well have him do it. He has installed dozens of COMAND, so he know what he is doing and won't screw up your car. And he is one hell of a good guy.

The US COMAND Steve is selling is exactly the same as the one you would have gotten from the factory. It works exactly the same.

They are very accurate. But you can only enter a range of addresses, so you end up at the correct block, but not always at the exact address. Close enough for me. I love my system.

You can buy the cd's from the dealer and pay an arm and a leg. Sometimes they can be found (usually used) on ebay. The best deal is to buy them from a Blaupunkt dealer. They are the same cd's used by the Blaupunkt DX-N nav system. I have spent the last 4 days testing the cd for my area. It works perfectly. The cd cost $55 plus postage. You can buy the entire set for the Continental US and Canada for $275 from Continental Imports.

http://www.continentalimports.com/nav_maps.html

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
Yup, I can vouch for him as well. I had the "stock" upgraded Bose radio, and he CLEANLY i...

Yup, I can vouch for him as well. I had the "stock" upgraded Bose radio, and he CLEANLY installed the Comand unit in my car w/the GPS antennae. It takes less than an hour too. If you are interested in other things like digi climate units, illumanated door sills, wood wheels etc. make sure you ask him b4 you buy elsewhere. His prices are CHEAP! In fact when he comes by this month to install your(and probably dozens of others too)comand, hey will be bringing MY goodies too! Don't give it a second thought-JUST BUY!! He ran out of comands last trip so make sure you get your right away. Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 C320 Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer cost on nav cd's $150 each? does this sound right?

I called the dealer today and that's what they quoted me after they said there is not way possible for a comand unit to be installed.

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
When I took my car in for service they were SHOCKED(at least that is what they say..[8)]) ...

When I took my car in for service they were SHOCKED(at least that is what they say..[8)]) that it was possible. Anyways, if you get your navi w/steve I will be taking a laptop w/burner so I will be leaving um "test" navi disks there...[:D].

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,134 Posts
Re: COMAND

They are very accurate. But you can only enter a range of addresses, so you end up at the correct block, but not always at the exact address. Close enough for me. I love my system.
For some applications I didn't think that the range for addresses was close enough, but it does let you adjust the destination using the map, or if you get to the destination, you can add it to your stored destinations based on current location rather than address. Useful for places that you already know how to get to but still want them saved as destinations...

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Re: Dealer cost on nav cd's $150 each? does this sound right?

I called the dealer today and that's what they quoted me after they said there is not way possible for a comand unit to be installed.
Hmmmmmmm I Have Heard That Statement Before
The Factory DSM For Mercedes said That and when I Said take a look now..He said its NOT possible
Then I Turned it on[:D]
Steve did the Install of the Comand in my car.
Contact Steve for any other Mods @www.MBENZ.nl

·
Registered
c 240
3 Posts
How does this navi CD work? Just put the CD in and then it will self-install itself? or ...

How does this navi CD work? Just put the CD in and then it will self-install itself? or it requires some technicians to set up it?

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Just insert the disk. Nothing else is needed.

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sedan, 1992 400e sedan
302 Posts
Get teh comand system

I have the MB comand system and am very happy with it. It is completely integrated with the car and option to add the MB tv tuner in the future. That is what I am doing at the moment. Also has a AUX input for MP3 player. If you get the TV tuner, you get 2 Video Imputs as well. Directrions are displayed in the MFD in the dash also.

Steve is the one to deal with if you want the unit. His email is

[email protected]

·
Registered
c 240
3 Posts
I need helps for activiating the command system.

My MB dealer in Anaheim Hills doesn't know how to activate the nav screen in a dashcluster. Does anyone know any dealer around my area (Irvine) know how to activate it? How much does that normally cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Re: I need helps for activiating the command system.

My MB dealer in Anaheim Hills doesn't know how to activate the nav screen in a dashcluster. Does anyone know any dealer around my area (Irvine) know how to activate it? How much does that normally cost?

Thanks
Allen contact Me I Can help you re the comand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts