Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, please help... i need to upgrade my audio system and what brands of the following should i use?<br>
head unit, amplifier, speaker, sub woofer ( i think i'll go for jl audio 12 w7)......<br>
thanks in advance

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what you drive, but I'll tell you what I did for my 560SEL and you can go from there..<br> Blaupunkt Muchen (munich) head unit w/ steering wheel remote. Infinity kappa 42.1i (4 1/4) in the front, M Quart 6 1/2 component in the rear, driven by a JL audio 300/4. For a sub I went w/ infinity's bass link, a 10 inch woofer/10 inch passive servo driven by a 250 watt class D amp.<br> <br> all in all i'm Very pleased with how it turned out/sounds. <br> I shopped for all my equipment online and saved an average of 20-40 percent over retail/store prices.<br> best of luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: UPGRADE -- Head unit removal??

Did you do the install yourself? On this subject, how does one remove the head unit on a 1989 560SL? I can't figure out how to remove the Becker unit. Thx. -- Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JL Audio W7

9JR, Tell me Model? year? of your car....so i can tell you about the JL Audio W7....Oh what a mean mean MONSTER.......<br> Ck out some of the installs at<br> www.mobilefantasy.com<br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts