Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1989 MBZ 560 SEL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I have a 1989 560sel I already put the 18in AMG Monoblock rims but I still want to lower my car. I need to buy new springs already so can some one tel me what kind of springs I can buy to lower my car just a little. Please help me. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
'83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '91 190e 2.6 5-speed
2,389 Posts
A quick forum search would have given you an answer far faster than the time you took posting this thread.

A: H&R springs.

·
Registered
Mercedes W140 500SE, W126 560SEL & W460 300GD
38 Posts
To lower the car, you hve to change the rubber spacer between the spring and the chasis.
There are 4 different heights.
You can see which you have, looking at the nubs in the rubber sapcer:
1 nub= 8 mm
2 nub= 13 mm
3 nub = 18 mm
4 nub = 23 mm

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
803 Posts
Hi everybody I have a 1989 560sel I already put the 18in AMG Monoblock rims but I still want to lower my car. I need to buy new springs already so can some one tel me what kind of springs I can buy to lower my car just a little. Please help me. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much is a little? Are you ok with also buying new shocks so you don't blow out your stock ones? What's your budget? Any pics of how your car looks now? How old are you? (Not that it matters)

A quick forum search would have given you an answer far faster than the time you took posting this thread.

A: H&R springs.
Only one option?

To lower the car, you hve to change the rubber spacer between the spring and the chasis.
There are 4 different heights.
You can see which you have, looking at the nubs in the rubber sapcer:
1 nub= 8 mm
2 nub= 13 mm
3 nub = 18 mm
4 nub = 23 mm
Need to? Really? I'm glad we have your expert...... nevermind.

No you don't need to change your spring pads. You can, but you don't need to.

·
Registered
Mercedes W140 500SE, W126 560SEL & W460 300GD
38 Posts
Need to? Really? I'm glad we have your expert...... nevermind.

No you don't need to change your spring pads. You can, but you don't need to.
Can you be a little more explicit, because I'm not english, so sometimes is difficult to me understand some... nevermind.

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,808 Posts
H&R springs are fine and cost about $350 for a set of 4. I suggest you also replace your shocks to Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks - might as well since you have to remove the rear shocks to change rear springs anyway. Set of 4 shocks is another $400 or so. I used 2 nubs in the front and 3 nubs in the rear on my SEL for the spring pads. These are fairly cheap from the dealer.

Al

·
Registered
1989 MBZ 560 SEL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know how to post pictures but I like the idea of HR springs should I do 1.4 on front and 1.2 on rear or 1.4 for both Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Mercedes/BMW/Ferrari
192 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts