Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

im looking on discount tire.com trying to find a decent tire for my clk430 . i dont want to spend an arm and a leg but i am a pretty aggressive driver and want a tire that is all around good in all weather(i dont drive in snow so not worried about that) and i want a decent tread life. any suggestions would be great.. just so you know , right now im looking at the NITTO INVO tire. has some pretty good reviews. anything on the FAULKENS?? please dont be shy , write me back and give me some suggestions on what you guys are using.

thanks ,
matthew

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLK-430
114 Posts
You should go with Dunlop Direzza dz101, Perfect tires, quiet, very good handling on a corners, soft rubber, basicly u have full control and a prices are good for these tires, and they last for over 10K if u don't burn them every day!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

i will def check these tires out. i looked into the nitto invo and it seems that our car might be too heavy for the tire. has mushy soft sidewalls. i need a tire that is going to be able to hold up in the new jersey roads. (some bumpy as hell) and i also drive damn near 100 mph all the way home on highway 20 miles and i turn corners fast coming off exits.. ..i need a solid tire.

DOES ANYONE ELSE AGREE TO THESE DUNLOPS?? COMMON I NEED SOME INFO. FINDING GOOD TIRES IS A PAIN IN THE ASS

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
304 Posts
I just ordered a set of sumitomo tires at my mechanics suggestion...

For $328 for all 4 tires I figure it's worth the try... he specifically said it's a good quality, not too much road noise tire. Anyway, if I'm wrong it's a cheap set to throw away and I'll know for the future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys

this week i purchased 4 falken 452 tires . i researched and seemed alot of benz owners had them on their SL, CL . and CLK models so i will try them and see. all four tires with the warranty from discount tire direct was 490 . i can accept that. any feedback on these tires if you have tried them out would be great.
thanks again

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
304 Posts
Picked up my car with the sumitomo's this weekend. Haven't had a chance to do any aggressive cornering, and keep in mind I'm upgrading from non-staggered tires.

But... price $328...

I never knew our cars could be so quiet... I'm hearing virtually no road noise, it's beautiful.

Road steer... non-existent, thank god.

Light'm up... they stick off the line incredibly well, on a cold start turn they feel a little too easy to break loose to me, but they break loose very smoothly and consistently.

100mph+ ... still no noise or shakes and rattles. Was just going in a straight line so no real comments on handling, but the ride stayed smooth and pleasant.

So now I guess durability and wet weather handling are all that's left for me to be convinced I made a great purchase.

·
Registered
o1' w208- 55, 97' BB6 SH
6 Posts
I've used Falkans before (Azenis my favorite of Falkans and 451FK beta's) on my C36 and E36 M3. For the price they have long tread wear (unlike Yoko's) and seem to do better than most z rated in rain. Presently on my 208 I am running michelins. Great tire but not so great tread wear and the price is steep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts