Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I accidentally knock out a black fuse capacitor. I dont know where it belong. I dont remember the location of the fuse .It was located somewhere near the fuel pump.After the amp was installed I pluged the two battery terminal on the battery and turn on the car and the EPS/BAS lights comes on . Did I reseted something when I disconnected the battery ? Sumptom #2 ,.Now The car is accelerating in a irregular shift when I hammer on the gas pedal, the rev band is high but the car is not picking up speed like it use to. I can feel the transmission knocking into low gear but something is not letting the car go.What did I do ??? Please help, I did not know that all this can occur when installing an amp.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The second symptom sounds like the car has gone into 'Limp Home' mode. Which means it's detected a serious fault and is now expecting you to take it to the MB Dealer or a shop that can read the On board computer database to find out what the exact problem is. <br> <br> Regards,<br> -Bouncer-

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first symptom is normal if the battery is disconnected, turn the steering all the way one way, then all the way the other, and the ESP will resync itself - its somewhere in the depths of the manual -

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've reseted the ESP/BAS sensor, but still no resolution with the accleration .( MORE)

Could it be possible that the ESP/BAS lights are reseted to turn off but is possible that it could still be detecting a fault , therefore not letting the car accelerate.It stated in the manual that when the ESP/BAS sensor detects an error, the car is restricted to high output of the engine and will take a lot of foot stomping for the car to responde. I think in a worst case senerio that the transmission module was damage or needs to be reprogram . Thanks for the support !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts