Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I replaced the battery and lost the code it is a Becker model no BE1492 Seial No R1041035. can anyone knows the trick?:confused:
Thank you for all your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in MB dealer they said this is not the original radio. that's the reason I gave the radio info. Still need help, anyone know the trick???
Thanks for all your time.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I was in MB dealer they said this is not the original radio. that's the reason I gave the radio info. Still need help, anyone know the trick???
Thanks for all your time.
Do you mean you were not able to prove you own the radio? They should be able to find the code when you give the radio serial number but of course if the radio is not original, it isn't sufficient to show that you own the car. Was the radio changed by a previous owner?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean you were not able to prove you own the radio? They should be able to find the code when you give the radio serial number but of course if the radio is not original, it isn't sufficient to show that you own the car. Was the radio changed by a previous owner?
I don't know who changed the radio. I bought the vehicle from auction and MB dealers' radio code is not match with the radio. they informed me the radio is not the original. They said they can find a code.but I have to take the car to them(125miles) pay them several hours of labour that means significant amount of money just for radio code.:eek: I need some of your expertise.is anybody have the code program:bowdown:
Thank you for all your help and time
ANDREW

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
They said they can find a code.but I have to take the car to them(125miles) pay them several hours of labour that means significant amount of money just for radio code.
ANDREW
Several hours of labour for the code only? Don't you have any other dealer to talk to, these are fooling you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your advise but I did everthing before posting my vehicles' problem. I don't need advise I need the code. Is anybody know how to decode MB radios?
thank you for all your concern

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
ercupasa,

We can understand your frustration; however, because every thief with a stolen radio will have a convincing sounding story, it is unwise to provide the codes on this or any other web site, or to send them to a requester offline. A dealer can verify ownership (whether by sales contract, registration documents, or your simply being registered as the owner of that VIN in his computer). We can't do that. It's that simple, no matter how annoying it is.

While most of the folks who write in here are likely legitimate owners, we have no way to verify that on the forum - and over time, if the site or its individual contributors (whether by PM or by open posting) were known as an easy source of codes, you'd see many more MB head units stolen - and a far larger percentage of the requesters not being legitimate owners.

The dealer you mentioned seems to charge an exorbitant price for his services. Many will do it free. Is there another dealer your can work with?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts