Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I need new tires, the ones i have now are terrible for road noise-which is my main concern...

903 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Guest (MBNZ) 
#1 ·
I need new tires, the ones i have now are terrible for road noise-which is my main concern...

I know 18' tires are terrible for road noise anyways but isn't there a tire that is 'alright'? My tires now are Pirelli p-zero's and I bought them cause they were cheap. This time i will spend as much as I need to, to eliminate even a little more road noise. Any suggestions appreciated.

#2 ·
Re: I need new tires, the ones i have now are terrible for road noise-which is my main concern...

I've got the same problem!!!!<br> <br> I'm considering the Yokohama AVS dB's from Tire Rack, which are designed for low road noise (hence the dB name) and high performance. <br> <br> 235/40/18's are about $160/tire.

#3 ·
Re: I need new tires, the ones i have now are terrible for road noise-which is my main concern...

Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions. I have them on every one of my cars but the race car (they don't make the 335/30/18's that I need in the rear). Absolutely the best tire out there right now. Developed and used as the Formula 1 rain tire through the last two seasons. Get 'em at TireRack for the best price, then get your local America's Tire or whatever to match the price. They are absolutely flawless in every category, including wear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.