Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1999 c230k and 08 c300
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought this 99 c230k for dirt cheap the girl said it was her boyfriends in jail but anyways come to find out it didn’t come with the ecu.....how or what do I have to do to get this car up and going? Thanks

· W163 and General M Gremlin
16,995 Posts
Welcome Dustin, :)

She looks great. Just can't drive it, eh!? :|

Here's some reading for you to get started.

· Registered
1,892 Posts
How did you not know it was missing the ECU? I believe your ECU is mated which means it will cost you $$$. Nothing more expensive than a cheap MB.

You best options are:

1) Sell your car
2) part it out
3) throw it away

· Registered
1999 c230k and 08 c300
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you not know it was missing the ECU? I believe your ECU is mated which means it will cost you $$$. Nothing more expensive than a cheap MB.

You best options are:

1) Sell your car
2) part it out
3) throw it away
I don’t like you! LOL! I’m playin but seriously I had a couple different cars and didn’t want to miss out on this because the girls boyfriend has always had nice fast cars

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Lesson of the day...You should never buy things from a criminal.

You were better off taking his girl instead. I think you still can. Just don't marry her. Girls that date criminals are damaged goods much like your car, they are missing their ECU.

· W163 and General M Gremlin
16,995 Posts
Thanks khomer2 So if I found an ecu that I believe goes in this car as in the exact numbers it wouldn’t work? First time working on a Benz
Yes, just make sure the keys, ignition switch are the original and in working condition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.