Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 s430 and my right rear SAM ended up in a pool of water a needs to be replaced... but one day my car rises for a while and then other days its waay too low. Does that SAM control the air suspension as well ? Or is it something else ?

W220 Moderator
S500 W220 SLK320 R170 C200 CDI W203 Peugeot Expert Van
Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Nope , controlled by Airmatic Controller from various sensor inputs, Airmatic also talks to other Modules via CAN Bus.

However, Airmatic may well communicate with Rear SAM and vice versa, so replace that first, not forgetting to put the Car on SDS and at very least Check Version Codings in the replacement unit, adjust if necessary and finally reset any faults Rear SAM has caused in other systems, then see if there actually is a Suspension issue before going any further ;)

HTH

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Nope , controlled by Airmatic Controller from various sensor inputs, Airmatic also talks to other Modules via CAN Bus.

However, Airmatic may well communicate with Rear SAM and vice versa, so replace that first, not forgetting to put the Car on SDS and at very least Check Version Codings in the replacement unit, adjust if necessary and finally reset any faults Rear SAM has caused in other systems, then see if there actually is a Suspension issue before going any further ;)

HTH
My car was fine last week, now i have it jacked up because its sitiing on the rear right tire .

W220 Moderator
Because when you lift a strut it's Airbag rolls upwards where water gets trapped and corrodes the Aluminium body. That is the area the leak is in, but at normal ride height the Rubber of Airbag is on a clean and decent section so it seals up ...................

Common Problem with Air Suspension on any vehicle, ask a Trucker or Bus Man

It will certainly only get worse not better

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Because when you lift a strut it's Airbag rolls upwards where water gets trapped and corrodes the Aluminium body. That is the area the leak is in, but at normal ride height the Rubber of Airbag is on a clean and decent section so it seals up ...................

Common Problem with Air Suspension on any vehicle, ask a Trucker or Bus Man

It will certainly only get worse not better
So i could still have water trapped somewhere ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

HTH
Can i reprogram it myself ?

W220 Moderator
With SDS and the Correct Tools yes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts