Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1995 c280
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone i'm mike and o'm new to this forum...I have a 1995 c280 90miles , and i'm having a rough idle... when i first bought the car there was a oil leak so the dealer took it to a mechanice and played with the wires and blew up the engine, after they fixed and replaced everything the car started to heat up and the antifreeze goes out so i have to add antifreeze when ever i turn the car off...I took it to a mechanice he gave me a appointment and adjusted the carburetor, beacuse he's so dumb he said if the car uses more fuel the fat will work harder and cool the engine, i didn't go back because he's a dumb but after i changed my thermostat, it started to cool down after it goes up to 100 degrees ...but now the problem is theres a rough idle, shaking and its using alot of fuel ( 9 miles per galon) i really dont car about the shaking and the rough idle more then the fuel problem becasue it doesnt shake that much and it often has a roguh idle so my question is how can i adjust the carburetor and if anyone can tell me where can i find it ... also the check engine light is always on i unplugged the battery and replugged it in the check engine light went but it came back afte rthe heat went up( sorry about the explanation I'm not good in car names and i'm not good in english)

hopefully someone can help...thanks

mike

· Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,706 Posts
1. Your car doesn't have a carburetor, so I'm not sure what your mechanic adjusted.

2. What language do you prefer?

· Registered
1995 c280
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm thanks for telling me that cause i really didnt know that ...now i have to know what he adjusted....and my english is bad because first i'm 18 and i grew up in the middle east so yeah but i sure understand everything...any advices about what to do or check for the fuel ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.