Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ML 320 2000
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, i am new here and really need some help, my air and heat stopped working some time back and took it in for diagosis, i was told its the blend door actuator so i ordered it from the dealership, unfortunately, the only video i came across on how to replace it skipped the part where the airbag was removed hence i don't know how to remove it, is there any link out there that shows the step by step on how to replace it, if not, can someone please show me how. This will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The truck is a 2000, ML320

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
You can decide for yourself, but if you use that destructive video method you will not be happy. What the video doesn't show you is that you have to break the locking tabs for the Air Bag Deployment Door and then bend it to remove the air bag.

·
Registered
1998 ML320, Silver, 96K Miles
2 Posts
I replaced a defective actuator motor several weeks ago. It's definitely not necessary to remove the air bag to access the motor. Follow the instructions posted in this thread and the top half of the dash can easily be removed. I did not have the radio keys, but having these tools would have made the job much easier. I fashioned my own from old saw blades. Take your time and remove all fasteners as I broke one located behind the radio. I now have cold air again in hot Houston.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts