Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML350 "Edition 10" - 22'' Venti Plus Rims
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get into my center console in my 2008 ML350 Edition 10 ( or my right arm rest area) I believe that my brother or sister have been putting coins into the rear seats air conditioning vents right on the back of the console. if you know how to get in there please share with me. Thanks - Anthony

2008 Mercedes ML350 Edition 10- 22'' Venti Plus Rims
2006 Mercedes SLK350 Amg appearance kit 19'' -Mandrus Rims
2010 Merecedes C300 Amg appearance kit

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's so easy to take it out, it took me 20 mins to figure it out and have it apart. Taking it out made me appreciate just how much genius engineering goes into a Mercedes.

I'm going off my memory here, so don't take it literally.

- Remove A/C panel by gripping it from bottom and pulling out and down at same time
- Remove the ashtray by screws holding it
- Remove the cup holders (just pull out)
- Remove any screws you may find under cup holders (can't remember exactly)
- Remove small cover (black plastic) between center compartment and cup holders (just pull out)
- Remove screws underneath it
- Remove center console wood trim by sliding it either forward or backward (can't remember) and then pulling up (don't force it)
- Remove center compartment liner
- Remove huge bolt in center compartment (or two)
- Detach any cables you find
- At this point, you should be able to pull up on the entire console from the back seat and pull out. Be VERY careful not to scratch anything

Reverse for installation.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you find out what was making the noise inside the center console? I have a similar problem. There is something rolling around in there. I notice it when I pull away from a stop light. I am getting ready to take it in to find out what broke off in there. I don't think my older kids would put coins in there. I thought it was in the rear ash tray but there is nothing in there.

Please let me know what you found in there!

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
It is funny..............

you should mention the centre console.........l have a 11 ML550 and when it is cold and l put my right arm on the console, the unit starts to squeak..When l push on the left side of the console, it actually gets worse..........What a noise..........I have an appointment coming up for some weatherstripping peeling, (that's a surprise...7000 KM), l will have them look at it then...........

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will let you know what I find in my console. I am surprised that you have ea squeak in yours. One of the best things about both of my MB SUVs are that they are solidly built with quality materials that do not squeak or rattle.

They are of a much higher quality than our previous BMWs. You sure are a loyal MB customer I must say.

I will be replacing my 2009 ML with the redesigned 2012 ML when they are released.

·
Registered
123 Posts
In SDMedia, there is a video specifically about how to take out the centre console. If I can somehow post it on youtube or something I'll let you know.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Hope this helps.
If it gets removed by youtube or MB because of copyright (?), please let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's so easy to take it out, it took me 20 mins to figure it out and have it apart. Taking it out made me appreciate just how much genius engineering goes into a Mercedes.

I'm going off my memory here, so don't take it literally.

- Remove A/C panel by gripping it from bottom and pulling out and down at same time
- Remove the ashtray by screws holding it
- Remove the cup holders (just pull out)
- Remove any screws you may find under cup holders (can't remember exactly)
- Remove small cover (black plastic) between center compartment and cup holders (just pull out)
- Remove screws underneath it
- Remove center console wood trim by sliding it either forward or backward (can't remember) and then pulling up (don't force it)
- Remove center compartment liner
- Remove huge bolt in center compartment (or two)
- Detach any cables you find
- At this point, you should be able to pull up on the entire console from the back seat and pull out. Be VERY careful not to scratch anything

Reverse for installation.

Good luck.

Procedure roughly the same for an 06? Thanks for the post.

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts
Did you know you are replying to a five year old thread? I doubt if those people are still around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts