Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, I need something to haul people and tow big kid toys (new motorcycle I got yesterday, buggy, probably a couple more bikes soon). I am already settled on getting the CDI version, but I'm between the ML320CDI and the GL320CDI. I realistically don't NEED 7 seats. But I might at some point use them all. It's pretty easy to fill 5 seats in my S63 on any given Friday night. Thus the ML and 5 seats seem small and limited. BUT--the GL seems like it might be too large. I'm not sure what the wheelbase is or the overall length and width are. I've driven the R320 and it was massive, but didn't really feel like it. Anyway, any feedback is appreciated.:)

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
MB does not currently offer a trailer hitch on the R-class.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Your signature says that you are in California. The 2008 ML-350 CDI, GL-350 CDI and R320-CDI are not sold in Calif. If you buy one out of state the only way to register it is if it has over 7500 miles on it. There are a few exceptions; here is the DMV website for this information.
Before Buying a Vehicle From Out of State—Be Sure You Can Register It in California (FFVR 29)

But as far as the GL over the ML and its 7 seats…take several of your closet friends to the dealer and stuff them into the back and take it out for a test drive to see if that really meets your needs.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks like you may be able to use the GL and can also afford it. So, drive it and if you like it, then buy it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
The ML works great to tow toys...I use mine all summer long. Plus it's not like driving a bus the other 90% of the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
my ML would have a stroke with that boat behind it! but its a 320. For Towing and riding the family in comfort I use the Range Rover. I even used it to tow the ML when she broke down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As stated, I need something to haul people and tow big kid toys (new motorcycle I got yesterday, buggy, probably a couple more bikes soon). I am already settled on getting the CDI version, but I'm between the ML320CDI and the GL320CDI. I realistically don't NEED 7 seats. But I might at some point use them all. It's pretty easy to fill 5 seats in my S63 on any given Friday night. Thus the ML and 5 seats seem small and limited. BUT--the GL seems like it might be too large. I'm not sure what the wheelbase is or the overall length and width are. I've driven the R320 and it was massive, but didn't really feel like it. Anyway, any feedback is appreciated.:)
I have both of them, and personally like the ML320 CDI better. The passenger room is virtually the same as the GL. The ML has a shorter wheelbase, weighs 450 lb less, better visibility, and handles like a car. It has lots of torque, tows well, and jumps off the line for a diesel. (There's always the ML63 if you need more speed). The GL drives great for its size, but constantly reminds you that it is still a "light truck" with 5200 lb GVW. We seldom need the 7 seats.

good luck,
gawdfatha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts