Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'90 500SL 85K kms
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or better yet teach me how to look it up for myself.

The mono wiper on my 1990 500SL has lost it's coordination and would extend and retract at the wrong time binding on the pillars. I put a shorter blade in and this resolved it enough to drive, my wife has no problems at 5'1", but for me at 6'1" it causes problems. I took the wiper assembly off tonight (mine doesn't have the handy slots to remove the top of the clamshell for lubrication). What I found was that the plastic gears are stripped and I am hoping that it is something that can be ordered on it's own and I don't have to replace additional items.

Picture #1 shows the assembly, the circled area is where the item in picture #2 came from. You can see (I hope) the stripped gears. There are no part numbers or identifiable marks on the item in picture #2 which is all that requires replacement.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,798 Posts
Most of us refer to this excellent Russian web-site http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1

Just look up your particular R129 model, 500SL 129.067, then browse the sub menus which in this case are #82 Electrical system and then #120 Pane Wiper.

·
Premium Member
1999 C-280. & 2000 SL500
426 Posts
Pane wiper gears

or better yet teach me how to look it up for myself.

The mono wiper on my 1990 500SL has lost it's coordination and would extend and retract at the wrong time binding on the pillars. I put a shorter blade in and this resolved it enough to drive, my wife has no problems at 5'1", but for me at 6'1" it causes problems. I took the wiper assembly off tonight (mine doesn't have the handy slots to remove the top of the clamshell for lubrication). What I found was that the plastic gears are stripped and I am hoping that it is something that can be ordered on it's own and I don't have to replace additional items.

Picture #1 shows the assembly, the circled area is where the item in picture #2 came from. You can see (I hope) the stripped gears. There are no part numbers or identifiable marks on the item in picture #2 which is all that requires replacement.
The P/N is 0018201207 and the price from parts.com $622.00 WOW try ebay motors Potomac Foreign
Jaybro

·
Registered
'90 500SL 85K kms
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of us refer to this excellent Russian web-site Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé MB. Âûáîð ìîäåëè.

Just look up your particular R129 model, 500SL 129.067, then browse the sub menus which in this case are #82 Electrical system and then #120 Pane Wiper.
Thanks RedLiner 'et al' I guess I was actually close as I had been to the Russian site but I kept on going to the wiper system link, after I remembered to scroll down because the top part of the page was empty, and that didn't take me where I needed to go.

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,798 Posts
Thanks RedLiner 'et al' I guess I was actually close as I had been to the Russian site but I kept on going to the wiper system link, after I remembered to scroll down because the top part of the page was empty, and that didn't take me where I needed to go.
That still fools me even now :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts