Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually use regular rim cleaner from AutoZone, and i scrub for a looong time. Any better ideas with better results? What do you all use? Btw, this is my favorite benz forum out of mercedesshop, and mercedesforum. Thanks!

ROd-ALi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you guyz call them 15 holes for my 86 and 91. But i was also wondering about my 81. Cant leave him behind. Heres a pic

Thanks so much

ROd-ALi

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
No, with the bundt rims and to a lesser degree the 15 hole, just hard scrubbing. I use what looks like a large bottle washing brush to clean.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
A small sponge with car wash soap is best to use.

·
Registered
1990 300SE
1,466 Posts
I use Eagle One A2Z. It's amazing stuff. But you still have to clean each hole individually. I use a toothbrush and a sponge, cut in half length wise to fit into the holes. Here are some results:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
danwatt - 4/30/2005 4:53 PM

I use Eagle One A2Z. It's amazing stuff. But you still have to clean each hole individually. I use a toothbrush and a sponge, cut in half length wise to fit into the holes. Here are some results:

After:
Great results. I use a similar application (toothbrush and sponge) when cleaning my 15-hole rims. It’s such a laborious task, though!

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
or buy simpler rims. i clean mine with 6 swipes. once for each spoke, and once all around.

·
Registered
1980 300TD Estate
451 Posts
Simple Green and a good pressure washer will do the trick nicely with minimal effort.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Indeed, cleaning the AMG's is a dream compared to the 15 hole buggers.. Although the 15 holers pale in comparision to cleaning wire wheels on the Healey..to get those CLEAN it's an hour a wheel w/ a few different tooth brushes and a LOT Of Q tips.

Jonathan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey where can i find this eagle A2Z stuff, and what is the process of cleaning them? THanks for all help!

ROd-ALi

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,825 Posts
erfaniman - 4/29/2005 8:10 PM

hey where can i find this eagle A2Z stuff, and what is the process of cleaning them? THanks for all help!

ROd-ALi
Here's what I started using after a sumer stint with a cleaning company. On the metal tops of the water fontains we used this dtuff called Deep Luster Stainless Steel Foam Cleaner. The stuff was amazing, strong, yet gently, and got tough dirty out of the way, PLUS left a deep lasting luster. PERFECT. I quit long ago, but never forgot that stuff. I finally got around to going to the cleaning place and buying can of it to clean our rims. Just go to your local cleaning supply house, the places that actually stock JANITORS, and ask for whatever the use as a stainles steel cleaner.[;)]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts