Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 SL500 SPORT SLVR
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good car audio shop that knows what the hell they are doing with an SL in Chicagoland area?

·
Registered
05 A6 3.2Q, 07 A4 2.0T S-Line
413 Posts
I wouldn't recommend Soudz Good on Western. They installed my alarm fine but they didn't set it up to double lock the doors the way it should (and they actually wanted to charge me more to get that done). In fact, they didn't even know the Viper alarm could double lock the doors on my car and they were saying it was only a factory alarm that could do that. After I asked them to call Viper though they were told they could wire the alarm to do this but that's when they told me they'd have to charge me more and I just left. The guy I worked with made me so many promises but ultimately I really question if they truly know what they're doing.

There's one place I went to on Clark St. I believe between Fullerton and Diversey (just a few blocks north of Century Plaza mall on the east side of the street). I forget the name of the store but they did a great job installing my front speakers. Wait, I just looked them up: The Sound Advantage 2911 N. Clark 773.529.7007

What are you looking to get done?

·
Registered
98 SL500 SPORT SLVR
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had an HU and amp put in by Audio Tech in Orland Park. They specialize in higher end cars supposedly. But Don there fucked my shit up! I mean my 11 yr. old neice could have done a better install of the amp and cd changer. I got with the owner and made him correct shit. I really think it was some racist crap goin on because i saw other benz's in the shop getting dont and there installs looked great! I mean this guy had wires showing and he actually installed the amp in the truck flush against the windscreen cover drilling hole through it!!!! The owner is buying me a new one now.
Now the radio sounds like crap at low levels and cuts out and left channel lower than right.
I may need to change the speakers but Don say the Soundstream amp can handle 2 ohm speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts