1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!

I had a leak in the PSE pump system, had an error code that said:
PSE Module: 006 Suction pipe support, lowering headrests, low pressure

So I googled how to remove the suction pipes from the PSE pump itself, and someone said that you had to push in the grey little connectors on the end and then pry the clips open. That worked to get them off, but I think the grey connectors shouldn't have been pushed in.

Now I can see it's a small metal ball, that holds the yellow connector airtight, and I've pushed it so far in, that it won't come out again and now it's not airtight!! :(

Now the PSE pump pumps all the time because there is such a big leak, and I can't drive the car like that as it will blow the pump!

I'll attach two pictures, one of the metal ball pushed in, and another of the metal ball in its normal position. It's kind of hard to see the difference, but you can see what I mean.

Please write if you have any ideas, there is so much wrong with this car and I'm almost giving up on it :(

Photos: first photo shows ball pushed down.
second photo shows ball in normal position.
third photo is a schematic :p

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
If the pipe (grey line - I see there are different-colored pipes there) can be removed from the yellow connector, then you can poke something from the other end, the one the line goes into, and push it back in place. I guess that ball normally rolls back and forth at the end-side of the connector.

If the inside is now damaged, perhaps that yellow connector can be bought separately? If not, time to go to the junk yard. Maybe get the whole pump and all the pipes - whether that pump works or not, you got lots of parts.

BTW - What do you mean by a grey connector ? I see the grey pipes, and yellow connectors.

I'm also not understanding why you would have pushed the ball in. Is the over-exposed part of the yellow connector, each picture, which looks white, is that pushed into the pump ? I'm guessing that's true, because it also looks like you're holding the grey pipe, still attached to the yellow connector, in your fingers.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Just cut it two inchs behind the fitting. use something to push the ball back. Then use a small diameter vaccum hose to repair where you cut the hose.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the pipe (grey line - I see there are different-colored pipes there) can be removed from the yellow connector, then you can poke something from the other end, the one the line goes into, and push it back in place. I guess that ball normally rolls back and forth at the end-side of the connector.

If the inside is now damaged, perhaps that yellow connector can be bought separately? If not, time to go to the junk yard. Maybe get the whole pump and all the pipes - whether that pump works or not, you got lots of parts.

BTW - What do you mean by a grey connector ? I see the grey pipes, and yellow connectors.

I'm also not understanding why you would have pushed the ball in. Is the over-exposed part of the yellow connector, each picture, which looks white, is that pushed into the pump ? I'm guessing that's true, because it also looks like you're holding the grey pipe, still attached to the yellow connector, in your fingers.
Thanks for your reply!

The yellow connectors are fastened to the pipes, and as far as I can tell, cannot be removed. But that would have been a pretty easy fix :p

I don't want to buy new pipes and all, since that would also mean I would have to do many many many hours on getting all the new pipes installed all the way to their destination. And I don't think it would be very kind on the interiour getting all ripped out by an amateur :(

And the reason I pushed in the metal ball was that I thought it was the 'grey connector' someone talked about in a post about how to remove the pae pump suction lines :'(

Now I'm maybe thinking I should glue the vent shut. But I don't think that is possible, as the system needs to be able to let out the pressure built up in the pipes somehow :-/

I'm totally lost :(

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Good idea!! I'll try that, thanks alot! :D
Cut it with a razor blade not a pair of wire cutters.

A few of the members have project topics going right now.

If you follow my name to the topics I have started find the topic "current projects". From the begining to about four pages ago it was all about the 140, its 50-60 pages of repair's. So get comfortable.

Also MafiaDon, Ruthless, Bradscooters, Brett San Diego, BLK95_CL500, tackleberry, nubyOz all have ongoing 140 projects. You see their name you should click their topics.

^^good posts and lots of info from those guys.

If no one has said welcome, Welcome.

·
Registered
680 Posts
M_m : Now that I know the grey line is fixed into the yellow connector, you have a good suggestion.

Paul : Failing to find a smaller diameter piece, you could use a small-length slightly larger rubber hose that the two ends of the grey lines could go into. MB uses that a lot in the engine area of my 300D. I've not noticed it yet on the 140.

Oh, yes - I wasn't sure how new you were; I saw you had 12 posts and joined last month - but Welcome !

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cut it with a razor blade not a pair of wire cutters.

A few of the members have project topics going right now.

If you follow my name to the topics I have started find the topic "current projects". From the begining to about four pages ago it was all about the 140, its 50-60 pages of repair's. So get comfortable.

Also MafiaDon, Ruthless, Bradscooters, Brett San Diego, BLK95_CL500, tackleberry, nubyOz all have ongoing 140 projects. You see their name you should click their topics.

^^good posts and lots of info from those guys.

If no one has said welcome, Welcome.
Thanks, both of you :) I'll keep an eye out for your posts!

I found an eletrical wire, insulated with rubber, that was just snug enough to be a tight fit for the suction pipes, cut the pipes over, pushed the metal ball into place and put the rubber insulation over the cut. Tried to suck and blow air into the pipes to see if they leaked, but they seemed fine.

However I seem to have discovered a problem with the suction pipe to the manifold. Everytime I just push the gas pedal down a little bit the PSE pump has to pump alot. Only happens if the car is in drive, doesn't happen in neutral. Tried sucking air on the manifold suction pipe, and it doesn't build up vacuum. And the pump just keeps pumping and pumping if I keep driving, only stops if i let the gas pedal go. Think I'll do a new post for this problem :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts