Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
W124 300e
Joined
·
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother bought this 84 jetta coupe last nite, hopefully picken up the car next week or so:thumbsup:
only thing that sucks is that the car had coilovers, but not havin enough money we opted to have it for 500 bucks less w.o them, and the rims dont come on it either lol


Hope it looks good next to my GLI and my 190:D
 

·
Moderator
Mercedes
Joined
·
9,046 Posts
WTF is that? Sorry.. but that car aint my cup of tea:eek:
 

·
Moderator
2.3-16 | A3 2.0T | 986 Boxster
Joined
·
5,048 Posts
I love any MK1! So he's not going to rock the streached red steelys? He's got to do small bumpers and aero / euro lights or GTI round lights... For you youngsters, VW&Porsche Magazine (now european car) did a project MK1 Jetta sometime around 1990 called "Project Pathetic" (I think), lots of good stuff. Instead of collecting comic books I collected car rags. I have from '87 on stored in rubbermade containers at my parents house. I'll look for it and scan it for you.
 

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
Joined
·
9,228 Posts
i have acess to plenty of parts to those cars hahha
 

·
Registered
W124 300e
Joined
·
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bob, the car isnt rockin the steelies, or the coilovers it had on it, he didnt have money for it so its gonna rock stock for some time, daves friend who has the GTI, (if you guys at the GTG remember) is going a VR6 swap into it, so ill see what i can get the 16v for and drop it in there. right now its got a regular 8v motor in it, i love this car, and i havent even sat in it lol.

snibble, not all of us can get a AMG :p itll do, he wanted one for a long time and is already savin up for a MK2 jetta coupe lol.
 

·
Moderator
2.3-16 | A3 2.0T | 986 Boxster
Joined
·
5,048 Posts
milosz87 said:
bob, the car isnt rockin the steelies, or the coilovers it had on it, he didnt have money for it so its gonna rock stock for some time, daves friend who has the GTI, (if you guys at the GTG remember) is going a VR6 swap into it, so ill see what i can get the 16v for and drop it in there. right now its got a regular 8v motor in it, i love this car, and i havent even sat in it lol.

snibble, not all of us can get a AMG :p itll do, he wanted one for a long time and is already savin up for a MK2 jetta coupe lol.
Milosz, there's this guy in PA, Marv Carey that hordes MK1 and MK2 VWs. I bought many cars and parts from him. He's in the Wilkes-Barre area. If you are need a part you can't find, He'll most likely have it. 570-823-8187 is his phone. He's a crazy older guy that loves MK2s and has a warehouse filled with all kinds of stuff.
 

·
Registered
W124 300e
Joined
·
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm, you have any pics of his place at all??
 

·
Moderator
Mercedes
Joined
·
9,046 Posts
milosz87 said:
bob, the car isnt rockin the steelies, or the coilovers it had on it, he didnt have money for it so its gonna rock stock for some time, daves friend who has the GTI, (if you guys at the GTG remember) is going a VR6 swap into it, so ill see what i can get the 16v for and drop it in there. right now its got a regular 8v motor in it, i love this car, and i havent even sat in it lol.

snibble, not all of us can get a AMG :p itll do, he wanted one for a long time and is already savin up for a MK2 jetta coupe lol.
I'm sorry.. but thats not my point. That VW is fugly looking. Why buy a fugly car when in the same time saving up to get a better car?:rolleyes: Makes no sense... he shouldn't have bought it, but saved and got the better car in the first place. Personally I'd laugh my ass off if I saw someone I know drive that.
 

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
Joined
·
9,228 Posts
ehh..its ur opinion on the matter. my brother seds the same about my car.
 

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
Joined
·
6,726 Posts
Snibble said:
I'm sorry.. but thats not my point. That VW is fugly looking. Why buy a fugly car when in the same time saving up to get a better car?:rolleyes: Makes no sense... he shouldn't have bought it, but saved and got the better car in the first place. Personally I'd laugh my ass off if I saw someone I know drive that.

Come on Snibble, you know how it is when its your first car, you don't care how it looks or anything. Especially if your paying your self. you are so happy to get a car thats your very own that you can customize the way you want. Etc etc. :p
 

·
Registered
W124 300e
Joined
·
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dont worry snibble, we'll see what you will be sayin once he gets his hands on it lol
 

·
Registered
1987 Signal Red 190e 2.6L
Joined
·
272 Posts
milosz87 said:
My brother bought this 84 jetta coupe last nite, hopefully picken up the car next week or so:thumbsup:
only thing that sucks is that the car had coilovers, but not havin enough money we opted to have it for 500 bucks less w.o them, and the rims dont come on it either lol


Hope it looks good next to my GLI and my 190:D
im sorry but id rather ride a pushbike, and have a baseballcard and peg on the back wheel :):eek:
 

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
Joined
·
3,302 Posts
This is better (I wonder why that scared man in the back is wearing ear-protections...it does not have an exhaust... :))...

 

·
Moderator
2.3-16 | A3 2.0T | 986 Boxster
Joined
·
5,048 Posts
skitzy.sht said:
im sorry but id rather ride a pushbike, and have a baseballcard and peg on the back wheel :):eek:

Why bash the MK1 kids? What did it ever do to you?
 

·
Registered
W124 300e
Joined
·
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they dont know bob, VW is a totally differnt scene out there :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
W124 300e
Joined
·
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the benz world and vw world are totally differnt, hear, everyone like to have clean crisp cars, which isnt bad, some of the cars here look awsome, not just only 201's. the VW world has more then just that clean and crisp look that we have here. they have so many differnt trends there its not even funny.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top