Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents gave me all these cars because I have a bird head. I also did not have to go to college because my parents bought me a degree from Harvard.

Attachments

·
Registered
G58K, E55TK
177 Posts
see, this is how you do it...

Nice cars TF. A real good collection of SL's you got there. Excellent choice of colors.

Instead of...

I call BS on TF. In order for us to treat you with any respect, we need to see a picture of you next to the door jam on both SLs. You need to be holding your birth certificate (not a copy) and driver's license in one hand and the cars' titles in the other hand. Only then, will I think of not accusing you of being a janitor at the building pictured behind the cars.

See the difference kids[;)]

·
Registered
G58K, E55TK
177 Posts
admin police...?

hardly. Just trying to keep the forum polite. Like I said, I'd be on your side if I thought he was boasting (as I'm against that myself).

Understand this...I am someone who also owns several nice cars and doesn't feel the need to justify why I can afford them, nor do I feel the need to post my picture to prove that they are mine...I can sympathize with the guy.

you guys were (and still are) being jackasses and I felt the need to give my 2+cents.

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
I have exchanged some messages with cl65blackdemon and I don't think he's a liar at all. He's very polite and did a lot of travelling worldwide (I am able to tell this, it is not made up). I have invited him over whenever he want's to visit Europe (Belgium -Antwerp) and this is something I don't do regulary. Give the guy some credit. When you had his financial advantages and cars at his age... need I say more [?]

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
I thought we were actually gonna stop all this stuff. i mean, its damn funny, dont get me wrong, but in the big picture, who cares if he owns all those cars, they were pretty in the pictures so we all took pleasure at least lookin at em! Like reading a nice car magazine and stuff.

This friday, my office closes at 2:00. How very exciting. I will have to take the maybach to my helicopter, which will take me to my private jet, which will fly me to my spaceshuttle and im gettin the hell outta here :) lol. jk :)

OK - lets talk about somethin else, why the hell did MB bring the S350 back on its LAST year as the W220 body?

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
amen, brad; let's move on. (though tiggerfink's birdface episode WAS funny).

i think benzo introduced the short wheelbase s350 this 2006 model year for reasons that are two-fold:

a. as a pre-curser of sorts to next year's new w221 ,,, i beleive that the 2007 s-klasse will be offered in two wheelbases: short and long. i think - and it's just my opinion - that the new w221 standard wheelbase is going to be longer and wider, yada, than the current w220, and with that introduction of the w221, benzo feels the need to offer a shorter wheelbase car for those buyers that don't want the uber-luxobarges. so this (last w220 model) year, benzo is introducing to he public that a short wheel base s-klasse will be offered once again as was the case in previous model runs, and

b. i also think that current sales are sagging so drastically that benzo needed to do something to get a lower priced s-klasse on the market to move top line revenue growth. the deals that dealerships are making now on 2005/6 s-klasses are absolutely ridiculous ,,, great for the buyer, though!

anyway ,,, this discussion should probably move to the w220 forum as this sl-klasse forum is probably now very bored with reading my drivel. cheers.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
ajm0623 - 3/23/2005 6:04 AM

amen, brad; let's move on. (though tiggerfink's birdface episode WAS funny).

i think benzo introduced the short wheelbase s350 this 2006 model year for reasons that are two-fold:

a. as a pre-curser of sorts to next year's new w221 ,,, i beleive that the 2007 s-klasse will be offered in two wheelbases: short and long. i think - and it's just my opinion - that the new w221 standard wheelbase is going to be longer and wider, yada, than the current w220, and with that introduction of the w221, benzo feels the need to offer a shorter wheelbase car for those buyers that don't want the uber-luxobarges. so this (last w220 model) year, benzo is introducing to he public that a short wheel base s-klasse will be offered once again as was the case in previous model runs, and

b. i also think that current sales are sagging so drastically that benzo needed to do something to get a lower priced s-klasse on the market to move top line revenue growth. the deals that dealerships are making now on 2005/6 s-klasses are absolutely ridiculous ,,, great for the buyer, though!

anyway ,,, this discussion should probably move to the w220 forum as this sl-klasse forum is probably now very bored with reading my drivel. cheers.
I am not sure sales of the manufacturer or the number of units sold are lagging.

I am not sure the number of cars that the dealers are selling is lagging.

I am sure that the dealer's profits are lagging.

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
I think this car will be more suitable for using it more on city-driving instead of going on highway all the time.

And also the oil price is high, and the S500 and S430 just use up a lot of fuel. So they need to sell this model that will use less gas. This car sell very well in Hong Kong, because in HOng Kong people mostly just do city driving. They don't need as much power. And this car will do just fine.

In Hong Kong they are selling the CLS350 also. But I have notice when I am comparing the Hp with S350 and CLS350, the CLS350 has more Hp. It is almost the same as a S430.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
QUOTE]

I am not sure sales of the manufacturer or the number of units sold are lagging.

I am sure that the dealer's profits are lagging.[/QUOTE]

Wait...... what are you saying? Are you not......sure?

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Chucky300 - 3/23/2005 9:27 AM

I am sure that the dealer's profits are lagging.

Wait...... what are you saying? Are you not......sure?
Is kinda confusing now that I read it. Let me try this again.

Sales and total units of the manufacturer are not lagging.

Sales and total units of the dealers are not lagging.

Profits of the dealers are lagging.

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
For both LovinSL600 and Chucky300

I think there is another reason they are importing this S350 to American market also. The reason is they might be testing the market reaction to a S-Class goes with 350 engine. Because I think they are discontinuing the 430 engines, and as I have said before the 350 engine in the CLS produce very close Hp to the 430 engine. So the next S-Class might just hv S350, S500, and S600 excepting the AMG S-Class which we don't know about yet

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wirelesscoyote,

How is China treating the people in Hong Kong? My wife is driving me nuts about her family in Taiwan. She is worried about China invading Taiwan and taking all her family possessions.

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
wireless -- i think there will be a number of new powerplant/ engine offerings for the new w221; one for the short wheel base and three+ for the long wheelbase chassis including:

1. a base 3.5-liter 272-hp V6. (presumably for the short wheelbase offering -- "s350?" as is the case this year)

2. a 4.7-liter 325-hp V8. (presumably for the long wheelbase offering to replace the current s430 - "s470?")

3. a 5.5-liter 410-hp V8. ("s550?" to replace the current s500?)

4. a 5.5-liter 500-hp twin-turbo-charged V12. ('s600' carryover?)

5. and of course the amg in some sort of dressing.

again, this discussion more appropriately belongs in the w220 forum. cheers.

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
tiggerfink - 3/24/2005 2:55 AM

wirelesscoyote,

How is China treating the people in Hong Kong? My wife is driving me nuts about her family in Taiwan. She is worried about China invading Taiwan and taking all her family possessions.
I don't think anything would happen. Cause that act they just passed is if the Taiwanese government doesn't do anything to separate from China, then they wouldn't do anything. Its all down to the Taiwanese government now. Hope they won't say anything and make the Chinese government mad.

Chinese government is alright with Hong Kong people. We are going through a big change in the Hong Kong government. Our chief executive just resigned. They are now arguing if the next chief executive should just finish with the previous chief executive's time, or should he start a new 5 years acting as the chief executive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts