Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I Just Purchased a '96 S 500

866 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  dtkw
My neighbor is a car wholesaler. I bought a '92 Infiniti Q45 off him about 3 years ago and the motor blew due to the timing chanin breaking about 1 1/2 months after purchase. I had to put as much as I paid for it back into it.

I guess he felt bad and wanted to make good, so he called me last Wednesday and said to come by his car lot. There sat a black '96 S 500 with 75,000 miles on it. I told him I would call the bank and see what they would loan me on it. They said they would loan me $31,000. I bought it for $17,850 with a full 2 year 30,000 mile waranty Friday. After cleaning it up and putting some new rubber on it, I am in LOVE.
It has a few small issues like a window regulator and a cracked turn lens, but all in all it is cherry.

What I want to know is, are there any issues or things that I need to watch for or do on this beast of a car? Are there any good places on the net to get parts from? Should I use only Mercedes oil filters?
Thanks for any info.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase!
You might want to check for AC evaporator issue. See if yo...

Congrats on your new purchase!
You might want to check for AC evaporator issue. See if your AC service was done recently or if there was ever an evaporator replacement done.

Yes, always use original oil filters on this car. They are not very expensive though.

One thing i say to anyone who buys a new car is, get all lubricants changed.

Goodluck!

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
Yeah, congrat on the new car.

I always believe that you take good care of a car and it ...

Yeah, congrat on the new car.

I always believe that you take good care of a car and it would take good care of you. I agree with S320, use original parts and find a good MB mechanic you can trust. Enjoy your ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.