Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cars very aggressive specially on accelerating from<br>100 kph onwards. Just sharing my fun today to all of you.<br>Hello to everyone !!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: The cars very aggressive specially on accelerating from<br>100 kph onwards. Just sharing my fun today to all of you.<br>Hello to everyone !!<br>Paul,finally someone who actually drives the car.<br>My first question has to be did you drive the IS200 there first? I don't know how the cars compare there to here but I have been wanting to know about the overall comfort, ride, and handling.<br>How's the car equipped? <br>Keep all of us posted please, we are dying for more info. over here in the states.<br>Regards from the state! (CA),<br>Mike<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Response (a little long)

To Builder1,<p>No, I never even looked at other models. I saw it first in one magazine and fell in love with this car completely.<p>Here's my initial take on the car. The power is good even if it only has a litle over 120hp as I mostly do highway driving. I love the Speedtronic cruise control. It somehow detect road conditions and adjusts speed automatically.<br>I used to drive a 190 so there is a big difference here. We have pretty good roads here so I can't tell you how it is on rough roads. It is very comfortable however. I like the looks very much, much more than the old model. Women here seem to look at me more or maybe it's just my imagination hahaha. I have about 80 miles now on the car and is I am still on my "break-in period". I like how it steers. Very responsive although I think it needs better wheel package. I like the stock wheels though. Really fits the car. The windows is another thing I like. From the inside, its like being behind a cool shade of light blue atmosphere. From the outside, you can hardly see the interior if you don't look close enough. I don't like the rear headrests though. I think it covers to much of the rear visibility. <p>The interior is pretty elegant and the new lumbar support of the seats make me feel tucked in. The only option I got was the Xenon lights. Very good lighting. It emits this bluish white beam and spreads on a good range of road. Very nice. The foglights don't do so much lighting. I'm thinking of putting better bulbs. I also like the signals on the side mirrors. The front bumper I think is too low especially with the stock lip since I scraped it a little bit on the parking lot. It also looks uneven because the side does not have any underpanel.<p>Overall I love this car. Once I'm out of my break in period, I will try it in some twisty roads and see how it handles.<p>Thank you for reading.<p>Paul (UK)<p>Paul,finally someone who actually drives the car.<br>My first question has to be did you drive the IS200 there first? I don't know how the cars compare there to here but I have been wanting to know about the overall comfort, ride, and handling.<br>How's the car equipped? <br>Keep all of us posted please, we are dying for more info. over here in the states.<br>Regards from the state! (CA),<br>Mike<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Response (a little long)

: To Builder1,<p>No, I never even looked at other models. I saw it first in one magazine and fell in love with this car completely.<p>Here's my initial take on the car. The power is good even if it only has a litle over 120hp as I mostly do highway driving. I love the Speedtronic cruise control. It somehow detect road conditions and adjusts speed automatically.<br>I used to drive a 190 so there is a big difference here. We have pretty good roads here so I can't tell you how it is on rough roads. It is very comfortable however. I like the looks very much, much more than the old model. Women here seem to look at me more or maybe it's just my imagination hahaha. I have about 80 miles now on the car and is I am still on my "break-in period". I like how it steers. Very responsive although I think it needs better wheel package. I like the stock wheels though. Really fits the car. The windows is another thing I like. From the inside, its like being behind a cool shade of light blue atmosphere. From the outside, you can hardly see the interior if you don't look close enough. I don't like the rear headrests though. I think it covers to much of the rear visibility. <p>The interior is pretty elegant and the new lumbar support of the seats make me feel tucked in. The only option I got was the Xenon lights. Very good lighting. It emits this bluish white beam and spreads on a good range of road. Very nice. The foglights don't do so much lighting. I'm thinking of putting better bulbs. I also like the signals on the side mirrors. The front bumper I think is too low especially with the stock lip since I scraped it a little bit on the parking lot. It also looks uneven because the side does not have any underpanel.<p>Overall I love this car. Once I'm out of my break in period, I will try it in some twisty roads and see how it handles.<p>Thank you for reading.<p>Paul (UK)<p>Paul,finally someone who actually drives the car.<br>My first question has to be did you drive the IS200 there first? I don't know how the cars compare there to here but I have been wanting to know about the overall comfort, ride, and handling.<br>How's the car equipped? <br>Keep all of us posted please, we are dying for more info. over here in the states.<br>Regards from the state! (CA),<br>Mike<p><p><br>Paul,<br>Thanks for the post. I know we are still wondering more about what the car will be like here. I ordered the 320 with quite a few options and should have it in September (the official relaese here).<br>How is the interior room. I know I felt pushed against the driver door in the CLK and last years 280. I read that there is now more room in that department. Do you feel that way? <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

: To Builder1,<p>No, I never even looked at other models. I saw it first in one magazine and fell in love with this car completely.<p>Here's my initial take on the car. The power is good even if it only has a litle over 120hp as I mostly do highway driving. I love the Speedtronic cruise control. It somehow detect road conditions and adjusts speed automatically.<br>I used to drive a 190 so there is a big difference here. We have pretty good roads here so I can't tell you how it is on rough roads. It is very comfortable however. I like the looks very much, much more than the old model. Women here seem to look at me more or maybe it's just my imagination hahaha. I have about 80 miles now on the car and is I am still on my "break-in period". I like how it steers. Very responsive although I think it needs better wheel package. I like the stock wheels though. Really fits the car. The windows is another thing I like. From the inside, its like being behind a cool shade of light blue atmosphere. From the outside, you can hardly see the interior if you don't look close enough. I don't like the rear headrests though. I think it covers to much of the rear visibility. <p>The interior is pretty elegant and the new lumbar support of the seats make me feel tucked in. The only option I got was the Xenon lights. Very good lighting. It emits this bluish white beam and spreads on a good range of road. Very nice. The foglights don't do so much lighting. I'm thinking of putting better bulbs. I also like the signals on the side mirrors. The front bumper I think is too low especially with the stock lip since I scraped it a little bit on the parking lot. It also looks uneven because the side does not have any underpanel.<p>Overall I love this car. Once I'm out of my break in period, I will try it in some twisty roads and see how it handles.<p>Thank you for reading.<p>Paul (UK)<p>Paul,finally someone who actually drives the car.<br>My first question has to be did you drive the IS200 there first? I don't know how the cars compare there to here but I have been wanting to know about the overall comfort, ride, and handling.<br>How's the car equipped? <br>Keep all of us posted please, we are dying for more info. over here in the states.<br>Regards from the state! (CA),<br>Mike<p><p><br>Paul, what color combo did you get? Is the blue tint glass with all the colors?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Mike,<p>I got Black on Charcoal. Fabulous color combo. It really makes this car sleek looking. The blue tint I think comes on all colors, down here anyway. I'm not sure if they will sell it down there as an option. Also, how is it down there in California ? I've only been to New York on a business trip last year and never had the chance to go anywhere. Are the women beautful ? Any information on this will be great as I might be visiting the U.S. in two weeks. Thanks.<p>Paul<br>Paul, what color combo did you get? Is the blue tint glass with all the colors?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more info!!

I was driving all day today, not going anywhere, just driving =). I love this car more and more each time I take it out. Since I got this car (four days ago), I've washed it 7 times, is this bad ?. Congratulations. Wow 320 very nice. Does the U.S get the six-spd. transmission? I think it is an option here but not sure. Regarding space, it definitely has more room than my 190 and I think has a bit more legroom. I'm pretty big myself at 6'5" and feel very comfortable in the car. I will take pictures next week for all of you. How do I post pics up here? Thanks<p>Paul<p>Paul,<br>Thanks for the post. I know we are still wondering more about what the car will be like here. I ordered the 320 with quite a few options and should have it in September (the official relaese here).<br>How is the interior room. I know I felt pushed against the driver door in the CLK and last years 280. I read that there is now more room in that department. Do you feel that way? <p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Some more info!!

No, not on the 320. I would ese up on washing it for awile. They usually say wait one monthe before using soap or doing any heavy rubbing. Thanks for the info 6'5' huh? I will be plenty comfortable then. As far as posting pics I think you just have to have a place to store them (ie. Tripod) or something like them. Then just fill in the pic. URL on the forum page, I think. Keep us informed whats going on with your new car. You must be getting great gas, diesel mileage huh? Gas here is running $1.90 Ga. for premium.<br>Mike: I was driving all day today, not going anywhere, just driving =). I love this car more and more each time I take it out. Since I got this car (four days ago), I've washed it 7 times, is this bad ?. Congratulations. Wow 320 very nice. Does the U.S get the six-spd. transmission? I think it is an option here but not sure. Regarding space, it definitely has more room than my 190 and I think has a bit more legroom. I'm pretty big myself at 6'5" and feel very comfortable in the car. I will take pictures next week for all of you. How do I post pics up here? Thanks<p>Paul<p>Paul,<br>Thanks for the post. I know we are still wondering more about what the car will be like here. I ordered the 320 with quite a few options and should have it in September (the official relaese here).<br>How is the interior room. I know I felt pushed against the driver door in the CLK and last years 280. I read that there is now more room in that department. Do you feel that way? <p><p><p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Some more info!!

Paul, I forgot to ask you what the base 320 is over there, can you find out? They still have not announced the base here just the options. My local dealer has 30 C320s on order already and still no base price.Mike: I was driving all day today, not going anywhere, just driving =). I love this car more and more each time I take it out. Since I got this car (four days ago), I've washed it 7 times, is this bad ?. Congratulations. Wow 320 very nice. Does the U.S get the six-spd. transmission? I think it is an option here but not sure. Regarding space, it definitely has more room than my 190 and I think has a bit more legroom. I'm pretty big myself at 6'5" and feel very comfortable in the car. I will take pictures next week for all of you. How do I post pics up here? Thanks<p>Paul<p>Paul,<br>Thanks for the post. I know we are still wondering more about what the car will be like here. I ordered the 320 with quite a few options and should have it in September (the official relaese here).<br>How is the interior room. I know I felt pushed against the driver door in the CLK and last years 280. I read that there is now more room in that department. Do you feel that way? <p><p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Paul, that must look great. I ordered the silver and since I ordered the Sport model it will have the charcoal interior too. I think it is good color with the silver anyway. Here in CA the women are beautiful and I even married one of them. The streets are full of blonde women in their CLKs. I live in Silicon Valley. It is hectic but you just cannot beat the weather all year long. I know real estate is expensive in London but here in the Valley a 3 bedroom home in a pretty good area can cost you $700K. : Mike,<p>I got Black on Charcoal. Fabulous color combo. It really makes this car sleek looking. The blue tint I think comes on all colors, down here anyway. I'm not sure if they will sell it down there as an option. Also, how is it down there in California ? I've only been to New York on a business trip last year and never had the chance to go anywhere. Are the women beautful ? Any information on this will be great as I might be visiting the U.S. in two weeks. Thanks.<p>Paul<br>Paul, what color combo did you get? Is the blue tint glass with all the colors?<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Builder..

: did you get the web site I sent ya? the pricing is there.<br>I can't find squat for pricing. I read on some forum (the Edmund's I think) that the<br>European base with destination was $37,500. Is that what the 2000 model was. Did you notice they are dropping big money on the MSRP of the old model $3K to $5K. Who would what it though with the new body coming out?<br>Mike<p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts