Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C-230K sport
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 C-230 sport. Can someone tell me how to tell if it has the Bose ster...

I just bought a 2000 C-230 sport. Can someone tell me how to tell if it has the Bose stereo. The rear deck speakers say Bose on them, but I can only find four speakers. if it is the Bose, what type of CD changer should i put in? I will probably go to tweeters. If it is not a Bose then it does not have the speed volume control, correct?

Lastly, If it is the base stereo, and I replace the head, will I have any electric problems, and will I lose Tele-aid? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 clk 320
29 Posts
yo congrats on your new c230, i love mine. i unfortunatly did not buy my car with bose p...

yo congrats on your new c230, i love mine. i unfortunatly did not buy my car with bose prem. sound. the bose on the c coupes has 2 extra speakers then the stock system. if you have the stock system you will know its awful adn if it says bose on it then its most likely bose. check with your dealer to see if it is bose. i added 2 sony xplod 12" subwoofer because my sound was awfull, now it bumps. as for having electric problems you wont but if you do it wont be covered under warranty and any electrical problem, mercedes will blame your head unit. if you really want to change the head unit i would suggest you get a pop up lcd monitor and put it under the stock radio in that empty space.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts