Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1977 300d (turbo not stock)
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i just bought a 300sd 1982 with 164k miles from the original owner , i dont know much about mercedes , well this is my second one i bought a w123 about 9 months ago and i love it but when this one came up i gave the w124 to my younger brother , but im just a college student so money is tight and this is what a got so let me know what you think

this is what i have done to it

the first thing i did was paint the wheels (i bought a aluminum silver from my work) i know its not the original but owell

that was before and this is after

i also changed some of the wood trim ,and i added a center consol tray or box i dont know the name of it ,

so here are some more pics of the car , and i bought it for 2 grand .

and a picture of my star that i just bought for it

sorry about the large pictures, wish i knew how to make them smaller

on the to-do list is

change antena mast

dye interior so it can look new again

find a stock stereo that works (becker grand prix)

put in a A/C compressor (my bearing frost)

get euro lights

learn how to clean the tail lights (the reverese lense is yellowish)

get different wheels

and find a rear seat , my has a tear in the top of the back rest

thats all that i can remeber

and to all the ppl on the forum thanks for all the help/ info that you guys provide .

ps. everything works except for the antena and maybe the tape player

·
Registered
1984 500SEC Euro: Midnight Blue w/ Cream Interior
236 Posts
Looks great, seems you're on the right track in taking care of the little things.

You're not alone in being on a college student's budget. I'm in the same boat, going to be leaving my car with my parents while I head to Los Angeles for school in just a few weeks.

Got any junkyards within driving distance? That's where you'll want to be going when you're on a budget.

Try a little nail polish remover/acetone on the clear section of the taillights. It should make an immediate improvement. It won't make them like-new, but it helped mine a bit.

Best of luck

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Welcome.
There are some good JY's around LA. Lets know when you get here and we came point you to them.

·
Registered
1981 300 SD, 1991 Geo Metro 4-door Automatic
487 Posts
Nice looking car. My wheels (except for the old spare rim) look like your before pictures...you're inspiring me to pretty up mine...

·
Registered
1992 300SD, 1986 300SDL, 1995 E420
884 Posts
300sd is the code name you actually bought a tank:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts