Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
191 Posts
Nice!!!

Cool picture indeed!!![:)] I like your sense of humour too ("we were testing the 0-60mph we ended testing the 0-160Mph".... [:D][:D] )

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
Jeeze, you're a bear!!! [:p]Haha, jk!

Nice pic! Did you do this on a track or just an o...

Jeeze, you're a bear!!! [:p]Haha, jk!

Nice pic! Did you do this on a track or just an open road? Any other pics??

·
Registered
230G
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this was done on an open track

this was done on an open track, late at night(2am), there were some cars , was a bit dangerous but ..
[}:)]

·
Registered
C36 AMG
7 Posts
Is the speed making you hairy? Maybe it's so exhilarating that it's making hair stand on e...

Is the speed making you hairy? Maybe it's so exhilarating that it's making hair stand on end!

·
Registered
C36 1995 built
17 Posts
What revs were you pulling at that speed? My car's acceleration rate slows right down after 230Km/h and I ran out of straight road while driving in the country some years back; which was just as well as a couple of minutes later a police patrol car appeared in the other direction, radar unit blazing!

An Australian car magazine, Motor Magazine did a Vmax test in 1995 and the C36 posted a Vmx of 252Km/h and the speedo of the test car showed 262Km/h.

Btw were the needles of your dial red originally? Mine are orange.

·
Registered
W202 1998 AMG C43
9 Posts
Great pic! I recently took my C43 for a run and it maxed out at an indicated 262Km/h and with the GPS running on the laptop it showed I had done pretty darn close to the Vmax of 252Km/H (155MpH approx) as per the handbook. Interesting thing is the fuel mileage didn't really change when i filled up next! Seem the AMG engine is very efficient at fast and slow speeds. I drove it on a trip without worrying about overtaking speeds etc and the economy was around 8.8 litres per 100 Km which is better than 29 Mpg amazing. When I return to Europe next year I think I will try to get a Performance Benz to drive so I can enjoy the Autobahn experience just once more.
Cheers

·
Registered
CL500, E430, SLK, Subaru...
648 Posts
VMax and economy

Took the 43 to europe 3 times this year... longest run was 2,500 miles from London to Munich, across the Alps to St Moritz (one of the world's most amazing drives), then up through Schaffhausen and Stuttgart to Cologne and back to London again. 27mpg overall, including grovelling along various nasty bits of the Autobahn around Stuttgart & Pforzheim, hammering at the far end of the speedo heading down towards Munich from Frankfurt, and climbing to 7,500 feet around St Moritz.

Got back, checked the car over: the oil was still clean.

·
Registered
C 230 K-96 sold,SL 500-92 sold, 500E(under restoration, and sold) S500L designo
145 Posts
Nice picture!
When I bought my C 230 K esprit -96 in Germany fall of 2000 I ran it flat out, south from Kassel, 245 Km/h on the speedometer, no problem. The car is prepped by AMG 235 hp/325Nm (chassie, breaks, weels, engine and stering) and handels verry well even att that speed. I fanci the clean look without plastic and chrome[:)] I bought it that way and didn't do any changes. Sold it last year in favor of an SL 500... more momentum[8D]

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts