Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It's still going to need work on the B3 transmission piston....

·
Registered
1955 300SL, 93 300SE, 91 500SL, 1989 190E2.6
607 Posts
I used to dream of a CE, until one day I found this one, didn't even realize it was a coupe until I traveled 50 miles to look at buying it... This is such an awesome car to drive, it's borderline ridiculous, I just enjoy the heck out of it every time I drive it. Just sings along down the highway and the faster I go, the cooler it sounds. It's like an aircraft only earth-bound, obviously too heavy to fly. When I got these smoked tails, none of the regular light bulbs would light up in the right colors anymore, there was no red or yellow, etc, in them- everything lit up White! (Seller didn't mention that bit...) so I had to buy LEDs and SMD LEDs light bulbs on eBay that light up in their own specified color. It turned out AWESOME! The red, yellow, etc, brake lights, turning lights, etc. all glow so colorful and clear and bright, it's so beautiful back there at night I want to follow myself home. I opted for the extra-brake light kit from that guy on eBay so you have two lights on each side when you hit the brakes...I also got the smoked front corners, but when I got the yellow LEDs for those, they didn't fill the space up full of glowing yellow light the way regular yellow light bulbs do, so I kept the regular light bulbs for the front corners. So I achieved the look and colors I wanted, very well. The tails, look even better in person than in digital photos, they match the color of the car. Quite an awesome car to drive, and I've had Jaguars, Lincolns, Cadillacs, Buick Rivieras, Porsche, Mercury Montegos, even an AMC Eagle...this CE-24 is my favorite. Thinking of lowering it a bit this spring... haha ...spring...

Attachments

·
Registered
1955 300SL, 93 300SE, 91 500SL, 1989 190E2.6
607 Posts
300CE-24

1990 the first year of the 24-valve in coupes in USA. Did you know the fuel injectors are the same ones as used on the Ferrari 308?

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,395 Posts
1990 the first year of the 24-valve in coupes in USA. Did you know the fuel injectors are the same ones as used on the Ferrari 308?
A car that came out in 1975. While one of the most beautiful Ferraris produced, not exactly state of the art, even by W124 standards.

Although the 1st generation 308 was carburetted, later on FIAT (Fix It Again Tony) used the same Bosch K-Jetronic CIS on Ferrari's of that day into the early 90s ending with the F40, the last real Ferrari and Enzo's masterpiece IMO. But then again, Bosch K-Jetronic was used on almost everything coming out of Europe from Fords to VWs and many in between.

Talk about a maintenance whore, Ferraris make a Mercedes look like a Honda Accord when it comes to paying for service. Don't ask me how I know, I used to have a 308 and even rebuilt the manual transaxle on it once.

These days, I don't mind looking at a Ferrari, but I'm more than happy to stick with my sedate W124. I almost did have a relapse though about 15 years ago when a F40 came up for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts