Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1984 380sl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take some paperwork to a poultry farm I get my litter from before the reviewers (state folks) showed up. Put the top down and headed for the hill country in NE OK. It's a beautiful evening here; a fine ride except for the open pipe Harley that passed me. I'm a middle aged farmer that has ridden way too much machinery in my life, but my left ear still hurts from being passed. Still, I could enjoy the burble with my right. Cruisin' through the Cherokee hills on a calm, warm evening reminds me life is good.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts
Welcome to the board. Sounds like a right fine time. Now you've got to flesh out your profile. At the very least, what flavor of 107 are you piloting?

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,322 Posts
I had to take some paperwork to a poultry farm I get my litter from before the reviewers (state folks) showed up. Put the top down and headed for the hill country in NE OK. It's a beautiful evening here; a fine ride except for the open pipe Harley that passed me. I'm a middle aged farmer that has ridden way too much machinery in my life, but my left ear still hurts from being passed. Still, I could enjoy the burble with my right. Cruisin' through the Cherokee hills on a calm, warm evening reminds me life is good.
Good first post, Sir.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,315 Posts
I find odors can be a bigger problem than noises in an open car. Around here, they have big pig farms and the stench from the manure lagoons will water your eyes.
I know you agricultural types figure that is the smell of money. The rest of us are in danger of losing our lunches.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1973 450 SLC AMG, 1995 Chevy Tahoe
3,381 Posts
That aint nothing. Wait till you pass a dead human corpse on a bike.:mad::eek::mad:

·
29,322 Posts

·
Registered
1985 380SL, 1998 230SLK
1,548 Posts
I still have never heard the burble!

I find that when I have the top down and smell anything car related, I start sniffing to figure out if there's something wrong with my car or one nearby. If I smell the slightest scent of something burning that I can't immediately identify as barbecue or wood burning, then I start trying to identify it and make sure it's not a problem with my car.

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
If I smell the slightest scent of something burning that I can't immediately identify as barbecue or wood burning, then I start trying to identify it and make sure it's not a problem with my car.
I was driving down the freeway a couple of weeks ago, sans top, and smelled a faint electrical burning smell. Like when an electric motor is badly overheated. It got stronger and stronger, then I was relieved to see smoke coming from the hood of a car in front of me.

Is it bad that I was relieved?

·
Registered
1985 380SL, 1998 230SLK
1,548 Posts
I was driving down the freeway a couple of weeks ago, sans top, and smelled a faint electrical burning smell. Like when an electric motor is badly overheated. It got stronger and stronger, then I was relieved to see smoke coming from the hood of a car in front of me.

Is it bad that I was relieved?
If it is, then we're both evil -- I would have had the same reaction!

·
29,322 Posts

·
29,322 Posts
Ok, I was wrong to start this thread. I don't have burble at all. I don't know what burble is. Hell, I'm not even sure I've got a car after seeing that!
Don't let POS throw you off. He's got a rare SL.

Enjoy your own burble.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts