Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By this time tomorrow, I'll have been in East Texas for the better part of the day. Flying into Hobby, renting a car and heading East on I 10 to just past Beaumont for a family wedding/get together.

Internet availability is uncertain due to the fact that family won't hear of us staying in a hotel (with wireless internet access) so I'm sure we'll be sleeping in some undersized bed in a room decorated with whatever childeren's rooms are decorated with these days and no internet. But if luck holds, sometime after Tuesday, I'll cross the Sabine river in to Louisana and make tracks for Lake Charles. I'll try to remember to bring a camera so we can all get up close and personal with Norman's '73 450.

You might have to wait until next Sunday to see them, however.

Peace out.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts
Dig said:
I'll try to remember to bring a camera so we can all get up close and personal with Norman's '73 450.
Please do. I think his car to be one of the jewels of BW107. Safe travels, and have tons 'o fun!

·
Registered
73 450SL
719 Posts
Well, Dig and I have pmed some and have each others cell numbers, so unless something major happens I'm sure we'll have a chance to get together for a few cold one, tall tales and laughs.

Have a safe trip Dig and I'll see you next week. :)

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,315 Posts
Thanks dave, but I'm not sure about a jewel, maybe more of the semi-precious class like a fresh water pearl or a garnet.
Norman, I told you before you are too polite.
Now you can add too modest to your list of character flaws.
Your car looks gorgeous in pix, and we await Dig's eye-witness corroboration.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,336 Posts

·
Registered
71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
6,234 Posts
Holy CRAP it's hot down here.
Dig, you know what they say . Everything is bigger, better and hotter in Texas. Just like it's sweeter, sassier and sexier in the south.;););)
What part of Texas are you in?

·
Registered
71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
6,234 Posts
What do you mean hot? It's spring!!
Amen to that . Just be glad it ain't July or August. Some parts of Texas only have 2 seasons hurricane and hot, but they kinda run together.:D

·
39,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dig, you know what they say . Everything is bigger, better and hotter in Texas. Just like it's sweeter, sassier and sexier in the south.;););)
What part of Texas are you in?
Too bad the internet service isn't bigger, better and hotter. For some reason, we've had access to Verizon Fios for the last two years and I didn't realize how good I had it. Today, I've had to turn off all the pictures, avatars and signatures AND cut back to 5 posts per page instead of my usual 40 because it was taking 5 to 10 minutes to load the next page.

Now I know how the rest of you live.

I'm in east Texas this week, just outside of Beaumont. Norman, It's shaping up to be Wednesday or Thursday, bud.

Just to make matters worse, when SWMBO had asked me what kind of car to reserve, I told her something small and whatever luggage didn't fit in the trunk would go in the back seat. Usually I have to go with SUVs or minivans because we travel with her mother but she flew down early and is staying longer so that wasn't a consideration this time.

I was expecting a Taurus or Fusion so of course, due to confusion she booked a Mercury Marquis. What with the various traffic backups and construction zones and one hundred mile an hour dash from the wedding to the house for a forgotten item and back, we're averaging a little over 20 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
73 450SL
719 Posts
Dig Thursday would be better for me. I sliced off a good protion of my right index finger pad while cleaning the margarita machine. So, now I'm on antibiotics and pain killers and the Doc told me not to drive for a few days.

Later

·
Registered
1980 450SL & 1988 560SL
1,667 Posts
That confirms my belief that margarita's are bad news.

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
That confirms my belief that margarita's are bad news.
Margaritas are bad news or excellent new. It depends on how you approach them. I suggest a single margarita to prime the pump, followed by a shot of tequila, then more margaritas as necessary to keep things nicely lubricated.

It's been too long since we've had a margarita party. Maybe when I get visitors this summer we'll have to bring over the friends and neighbors and turn it into an official shindig.

·
39,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Punctuationally ++<<< I find *** your lust post fussinatting:dance:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts