Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wait for the 2002 CLK430. I already have the 2002 on order and shouldn't have to wait too terribly long. But I'm anxious and I want to get my car now.<br>
<br>
Is there any real reason I should wait for the 2002?<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No reason to wait for a 430...

There are two difference between model year '01 and model year '02 CLK430s. The wheels are different. The '02 wheels are 17' AMG Monoblock Styling III and the '01 wheels were 17' AMG Monoblock Styling I. The only other change is that the new exterior color called Alabaster White is replacing Glacier White.<br> <br> Unless you really like the new wheels, there's not much reason to wait for a 2002 model. You also have to consider that there may be a price increase.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the hell, Oyster/Charcoal??

I thought those colors werent available in '99. On my 99 ML i have grey leather, not the new Ash leather like on the 2000 and up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about the ML...

but two-tone oyster/charcoal was available on the SLK in '98, '99, an '00, but not in '01.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New wrinkle....

<br> Okay, here's the scoop. I have three choices.<br> <br> 1. Wait for the 2002 CLK 430 for Sept/Oct delivery. (Silver ext/charcoal int.)<br> <br> 2. Buy a 2001 CLK 430 tomorrow. (Silver ext/Ash int.)<br> <br> 3. Swap the above 2001 CLK 430 for the exact same car with the charcoal int (just like the 2002 I have on order). This would include paying about $1,200 for the car to be transported from Seattle, WA to Houston, TX.<br> <br> I'm not sure if I'm sold on the ash interior and I don't know if I want to pay an additional $1,200 for a 2001 when the 2002 will be out in a couple of months. What do you think is the smart thing to do?<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: New wrinkle....

I am waiting for the 2002 clk 430 coupe just because I personally don't care much for the 2001 rims. Besides it is only another 4 more months...Delivery date around the 2nd week of September.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts