Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in possession of Trevor's 600SEL now for the last two weeks .
( Trevor's Original Ad how the car looked before etc > 1992 Mercedes Benz 600SEL W140 For Sale - AUD$4500 < ) .

I firmly believe that it would have taken (almighty) Joe, about a good 10 years or close to it to fix & repair the whole car due to the distance the car is from Joe .
While the car was with Joe he has done a wonderful job with the wiring & something on the front Suspension , that has taken 18 month .
I'm sure Joe is happy i have taken this huge burden of a Wreck of his hands but is most welcome on my side , my ex swb 600SE was to booooring for me as there was never nothing wrong with it (Garage Queen) , this one has lots to do but even that is already finishing out ,hopefully i get 6 month maybe less fixing out of it , lol .

My SWB S600 is sold as well btw , she's gone to a very good jung man which is an Architect & good family of Mercedes enthusiast's ,we are in contact & he will join us on Sydney W140 Drives as they come up so i still get to see it & he ask't me to service it as well for him (looks like she's coming back silently ,lol) .

Some teaser Pics ,lots more to do ,the interior will be completely stripped shortly (in coming days) it has been raining here every day for the last week so i couldn't get to it, the Radio & Antenna is working ,all windows are cleaned of the glue & restored ,Sunroof fixed ,slides back now ,trunk self closing fixed ,no more slamming it ,to complement the look , i fitted a brand new set of rims with 285R & 255F Pirrelli P Zero's including a spare tyre Lorinser LM1 , it was the last set available here in Sydney of the Lorinser LM1 type in 19,now i be attacking the interior ,might convert it to a 4 seater option again ,not to sure yet .
I fitted the tyres without driving the car anywhere,everything gets done here at my place ,the huge fender gap there will settle as she drives around .

All fluids changed /new Spark plugs , car is now fully badged as it should including glove box badge , only one i found by accident (S600 instead of 600SEL) ,impossible to find that emblem for the glovebox .
Paint has been sorted ,scratches some remain for now but are not much visible ,the car presents very well .
The Steering ignition lock has been fixed & the drivers door handle opens normally as it should .
Also fitted a new tool kit as the original was a bit to dirty for my taste,lol .
Original Becker CD changer fitted as well for now until i install a newer radio system but that's later , the Becker Mexico radio in the car needed a code which MB gave me but didn't work so i paid 9 pounds to radio code Uk & it worked instantly after i re-installed the missing tuner trevor sold .
I also fitted a new battery that a w140 v12 needs 1st up .
Fixed all the cladding underneath which was loose somehow . Washed & degreased any oil mud dirt etc underneath the car including spiderwebs ,it appears the engine is not leaking a drop of oil so far by what i can see ,she's been standing in the same spot there for about a week .
Engine had a really good Cosmetic clean but still needs touchup .
I will post better pics once she's on the road , at the moment i'm busy on construction sites that's why you see the scaffold & planks etc around the car .:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
BTW: I haven't driven this car yet ,only about 100 meters which was of the semi trailer truck to around the corner my place drive way ,lol.
Joe said she drives ok so i trust him .Hopefully after i have driven the car , Joe will live another day ,lol.👍

To Be Continued.... Long Adventure is ahead .:devil

·
Registered
1991 S420 Sedan - 1993 S500 Coupe
882 Posts
Good on you Chris

Wish I had your enthusiasm :)

Cheer's ............ Lee

ps - I'll see If I have Trevor's email address and let him know as I am sure he would be happy to hear the Land Yacht is alive and well

emailed Trevor just then

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good on you Chris

Wish I had your enthusiasm :)

Cheer's ............ Lee

ps - I'll see If I have Trevor's email address and let him know as I am sure he would be happy to hear the Land Yacht is alive and well

emailed Trevor just then
Absolutely Lee . I forgot to ad above Thanks to Trevor for handing the car to Joe .
She is in very good hands now & i'm sure she will win a Concourse de' Elegance here sooner or later when she's ready,i doubt it will take me long , problem is ,it's still pouring rain ,cant do anything on it for the last week,i come to a standstill . .:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
MY97 S320
3,200 Posts
Damn looking good Chris!

It was a tough call to let that beast go. I always wanted a 140 in black and the 600SEL is the king but in the end reality hit. I'm sure Trevor went through a similar dilemma.

Car is worthy of a full restoration, mechanically she's 100% with a fresh evaporator job (thanks to Trevor) and no oil leaks. I took her up to 190kph twice with sustained 150-160kph while she was in my hands, she is SOLID.

edit: sold due to not enough time to do the car justice.

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new rims make the car that much nicer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forgot which member it was that wisely said , The right wheels will make a W140 the incorrect once will brake it " ,so true , I think it was Syluvia .
Yes huge change in appearance after a week i had the car standing on the standard ugly 16's ,i couldn't look at it . The only good thing those original rims are good for me is when i paint a whole car ,no need to cover them ,lol.:thumbsup:

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Damn looking good Chris!

It was a tough call to let that beast go. I always wanted a 140 in black and the 600SEL is the king but in the end reality hit. I'm sure Trevor went through a similar dilemma.

Car is worthy of a full restoration, mechanically she's 100% with a fresh evaporator job (thanks to Trevor) and no oil leaks. I took her up to 190kph twice with sustained 150-160kph while she was in my hands, she is SOLID.

edit: sold due to not enough time to do the car justice.
Black cars are like a complicated affair , the moment you wash it & dried it ,it's time to wash it again , you don't have time for that Joe , i actually ad a fan to it so the dust stays of it ,actually on another note ,i got Howard to do that for me,just look at him ,always on Attention ,as soon as he spots a speck of Dust ,on the attack , lol.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgot to ad a shot of the rear end .
She is coming up nice .
New leather for the seat , beige airbag and late model middle console is on it's way .

Attachments

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think it's this one Joe. The one you had stolen was full of scratches bumps sticky windows you couldn't even see thru etc ,this one is in near mint condition .
There are two cars parked in front of it & it's under 2 surveillance cameras with motion detection ,get pass't that ,Get it ,a ferocious / savage / biting Doberman is near by as well lol.:thumbsup:

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Progress Update , it has stopped raining .

Disgusting-gggggggggg .

Biggest headache so far was figuring out the Multi Contour seats connections & how to take it apart with the heated seats , different then a seat from a normal W140 without the Multi contour seats that have a single bladder only.:thumbsup:

Continues below after clean/repair & re-install .

Attachments

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Still need to change the rear bottom seat leather but it looks like it will be another 4 seating conversion ,this time with the storage comps on the edges that's why i haven't touch it yet , hate those cracks in the leather .:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone has an idea what these cables/wires are for or were they supposed to fit . Checked everywhere but no were to plug in
I have seen these before on another w140 but cant remember where they plug in , green wire & a black cable with many other cables in it plus one that looks like sort of an antenna connector .:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
MY97 S320
3,200 Posts
Looking good Chris, I'd have never got around to being as thorough as you are.

Reactions: Merc-S600

·
Registered
1994 S600 Coupe, 1995 S600 Coupe
3,201 Posts
Anyone has an idea what these cables/wires are for or were they supposed to fit . Checked everywhere but no were to plug in
I have seen these before on another w140 but cant remember where they plug in , green wire & a black cable with many other cables in it plus one that looks like sort of an antenna connector .
Cell phone cables maybe? Has the top cable in your photo been cut?
I found strange wires and weird antennas in my coupe that led to an ancient Lojack theft tracking device. No idea if it would still work, but no coverage in my area of the country anyway, so I took it out and trashed it.

·
W140 Moderator
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cell phone cables maybe? Has the top cable in your photo been cut?
I found strange wires and weird antennas in my coupe that led to an ancient Lojack theft tracking device. No idea if it would still work, but no coverage in my area of the country anyway, so I took it out and trashed it.
Yes,it has been cut , the wire has about 7 wires inside it with antenna type isolation around it . I guees it must be for phone .

Check the fender flares out Joe . I choose black instead of chrome ,looks pretty good .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 102 Posts