Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in finding a wheel (well, four wheels, actually) to upgrade from the ones that came on my 1985 300SD. Actually, I better post a picture to show you why :)

My current ones are just too ghetto fabulous for me.

I'd like to find an OEM 16" wheel that came on a later model, that will fit without modification, and not stick out too much.

Can anyone tell me which wheels I should be looking for ?
I have looked on Tirerack, and I like the ASA type 8 (I guess they're called eight hole wheels in the OEM version). But I was wondering if there is anything cool (even AMG) that came from Mercedes.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
fattfreddie said:
My current ones are just too ghetto fabulous for me.
For me, too…

If you’re referring to a later model 126, there was none – the 15 inch 15 hole rim was the last OEM rim used. If you’re referring to a later model Mercedes in general I’ve always liked the early140 rims on a 126.

Attachments

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
If you want AMG wheels you need to look for either Monoblocks or Pentas, both of which were offered for the W126. BBS makes some basketweave rims for the W126 as well if that's more your style but they are hard to find and the really nice deep dish ones cost a small fortune. Other than that you really have to just shop around keeping in mind all the info on offsets that has been posted here. (I'll have to update the wheel fitment thread so it's more useful again).

There's a W126 in my neighborhood that has the rims JDC has shown, and he's right they look very good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do like both of those pictured.
The lower (brighter silver ?) car looks great, those are from a later "S" class car, correct ?
Can I get away with running a higher number offset (+35 or +43), or must I stay within the 11-25 range of the original wheels ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1983 300SD, 4 speed manual, 1994 C280
229 Posts
fattfreddie where do you live? let me know when you are ready to dump those rims. I'm thinking a good bath and some black paint.....

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6 , 1985 300sd VWo conversion
2 Posts
im in the same boat as you! my wheels are abit more ghetto fabulous however. let me know what info you find out POR FAVOR!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts