Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'91 M1A1 Abram's Tank
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and install them into a non bose C220?

Is it prewired for the amp? What happens if I use the 2ohm bose speakers with the stock deck?

:confused:

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor Special Edition
1,173 Posts
Simple- you will blow the amp in the deck.

Any transfer will require complete transfer including amp. Wiring may need to be replaced as well.

Remember - if there's no highs and no lows, it must be Bose!

·
Registered
'91 M1A1 Abram's Tank
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simple- you will blow the amp in the deck.

Any transfer will require complete transfer including amp. Wiring may need to be replaced as well.

Remember - if there's no highs and no lows, it must be Bose!
But what if I put the speakers in series? I dont care about stereo.

What I am trying to avoid is connecting a shit load of wires from the trunk to the front..

·
Registered
1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
472 Posts
It's fine. I've checked youtube as I wanted to do the same and it's been done. He didn't install the amplifier, just the Bose speakers and as far as I know he's still got the Bose.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Avalon XLS
1,269 Posts
This is interesting. Please update after you complete the install to let us know what the results are... it sounds kind of pointless without the amp, but maybe it'll be an improvement. Then again, the factory speakers are surprisingly good, at least they were in my 95.

·
Registered
'91 M1A1 Abram's Tank
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is interesting. Please update after you complete the install to let us know what the results are... it sounds kind of pointless without the amp, but maybe it'll be an improvement. Then again, the factory speakers are surprisingly good, at least they were in my 95.
After taking the other 202 apart I realized it didn't have the bose. It had the CD change and other parts that looked like they were put on after the fact...:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts