Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SLK32, anyone got ideas of adding more BASS to the stereo system?? I think about the choice

of Infinity BASSLINK vs Bazooka Bass Tubes vs Rockford Fosgate RFT. or just adding a bandpass sub. I like to listen to dance music...I am not sure if opt for a amp/sub intergrated system will provide any improvements for the bass since i haven't heard reviews about them...but the i am not sure if i can find a sub box that will still fit in the truck while having my top down or not taking up the entire already small trunk space...can someone help me?<br> thanks<br> jack

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I have a SLK32, anyone got ideas of adding more BASS to the stereo system?? I think about t....

I'm interested in the specifics of the set up. Which sub/amp/how much leg space is lost?<br> <br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I have a SLK32, anyone got ideas of adding more BASS to the stereo system?? I think about t....

its an Alumapro 10' Alchamy sub powered by one Zapco c2k 6.0 amp. The power of the amp is kind of overkill 600watts at 4 ohm. At most 2 inchs of leg room is going to be lost after I make a grill to cover the sub. But you can lose less space if you you use a shallower sub such as an illusion audio sub and lose less space. The box is a fiberglass box molded to the space where the factory amp used to sit. The thing about this setup is you must relocate the factory amp or get rid of it all together. Overall sounds pretty good cuz the bass is all with in the cabin this way I can hear my radio when driving with the top down on the freeway. But I also have all alumapro components powered by another Zapco amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts