Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S430 with a timeport phone, anyone know if I can just go out and buy a new V60 phone and...

plug into the car and if it will work that way?<br> or I have to go to the dealer and buy the whole V60 cell phone kit from them?<br> thanks<br> Jack

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: I have a S430 with a timeport phone, anyone know if I can just go out and buy a new V60 pho....

There is a upgrade install kit and then you need the factory v-60 phone to work in the mbz.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: where can i get the kit?? dealer? any idea how much the kit will cost?? with v60 phone? thanks

What year is your car? If it's an '01 or '02, I would be interested in buying the Timeport parts that are removed to put in the v60 parts.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I have a S430 with a timeport phone, anyone know if I can just go out and buy a new V60 pho....

I recently bought 2002 cl600 and the VPC put in a Timeport, I told the dealer I would not accept the car without the V60 (and refused to pay any more for the car).<br> <br> It turned out that in either 2001 or 2002 MB changed the control unit in the trunk to accept BOTH the Timeport and V60. All they had to do was change the headset cradle and give me the V60. I do not think ??? the V60 I got from them is different from the one purchaed from a third party.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I recently bought 2002 cl600 and the VPC put in a Timeport, I told the dealer I would not accept the car without the V60 (and refused to pay any more for the car).<br> <br> It turned out that in either 2001 or 2002 MB changed the control unit in the trunk to accept BOTH the Timeport and V60. All they had to do was change the headset cradle and give me the V60. I do not think ??? the V60 I got from them is different from the one purchaed from a third party.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: its a 02, i was be glad to sell you the phone, but i have to find out the details on the up....

Hello, I have a 2000 S500 and want to upgrade the analog phone to a digital. Do you have any information on any upgrade kit (aftermarket)? I called MB and they told me I have to purchase their kit for $2000.00 just for parts. I would appreciate any information on a less costly solution. Does anyone have one to sell?<br> Thanks, -Chivas

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

With all due respect, this statement is not correct.<br> <br> I have an 02 S600, built 08/01. The factory installed PSE #Q6820648 only works with the Timeport and is NOT compatable with the V60 phone. The installation kit contains an updated PSE along with other parts needed.<br> <br> Take care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts