Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently i changed the head on my m111 and i bought a head from a compresor model and the car runs well now butt the camshafts are different and i don't know if that is a good thing for this engine or not.
The original cams intake and exhaust are not in offset they are straight butt the new ones are , so basically a valve comes down more then the other.
So in the end the question is it is bad to run compresor cams in non compresor engine ?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the original head was code R 111 016 33 01 7
the new head is R 111 016 33 01 7 x

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,728 Posts
Doubt you will find a member who ever tried that.
Theoretically- compressor engine has valve opening timed differently as higher pressure require less time to fill the cylinder.
How much difference it makes in engine with no compressor? You tell us?
If you fuel consumption did not change much, I would not lose sleep over it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doubt you will find a member who ever tried that.
Theoretically- compressor engine has valve opening timed differently as higher pressure require less time to fill the cylinder.
How much difference it makes in engine with no compressor? You tell us?
If you fuel consumption did not change much, I would not lose sleep over it.
Since i changed the head i did about 500 km and i did not feel anything wrong with the car or the fuel consumption

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,984 Posts
No check engine light on? No difference in run ability of vehicle? No difference in performance?

Then drive and don't worry. ECU is smart enough to adjust for that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No check engine light on? No difference in run ability of vehicle? No difference in performance?

Then drive and don't worry. ECU is smart enough to adjust for that.
I guess it's not a very big difference between the original camshaft and this compressor one but yeah no check engine light the car starts right on , I don't really know if it's running any better I can't tell. I hope nothing bad happens to the engine in the future 😂 but oh well you live and learn 😄

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,984 Posts
On my motorcycle, I (basically) threw out the exhaust camshaft, moved the intake to exhaust, and swapped in a new intake camshaft from another bike with same engine, but with higher valve lift and duration. Exhaust cam lift and duration was smaller than the intake, and the new intake cam valve lift and duration was bigger than the "old" intake cam....which made for better low end torque and higher hp at high rpm. Stock ECU was able to compensate for all that, and I even gained 2-3 mpg because I was able to shift earlier and keep rpm lower than before.

That was 23k miles ago. If the engine grenades, I'll be sure to let you know. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts