Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I have a 98 CL500. I have been tyring to use the remote to open the sunroof and windows b...

1801 5
I have a 98 CL500. I have been tyring to use the remote to open the sunroof and windows b...

I have a 98 CL500. I have been tyring to use the remote to open the sunroof and windows but i can't seem to get it. Also, I tried to open the sunroof and the windows from the driver's door with the key and I couldn't get it to work that way either. Is there some trick to it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx [V]
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1995 MB S320V: 2006 kawasaki vulcan 900 lt
414 Posts
sun roof

my86
I believe that if you close the windows/sunroof by using the remote, then you can reopen them by the remote. If you closed them with the switches inside it wont work. You have to hold the remote switch for a few seconds too.
Barry

· Registered
CL500
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Does your car come with a owner manual?...

Does your car come with a owner manual?
Yes it did. I read the instructions, followed them to the letter and it still doesn't work. Thanks for your reply.

· Registered
500SEC, ML430, SLK230, S600
269 Posts
Your infrared door sensors, typically located on or near the front handles, must receive t...

Your infrared door sensors, typically located on or near the front handles, must receive the signal.

· Registered
s 500 "1994
19 Posts
leave fingers on it

when u want to open or close the windows or the sunroofs then do wot i do with my S500 leave ur fingers on after it locked itself the it should close the window or the sunroof. when u want to open then do the same. it works with mine.[:)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.