Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your thoughts, please. '82 380sl. I have an agreement and made a small non-refundable deposit. Black with Palomino tex. 70k. One fanatic owner. 100% Gargaged. All Books and records. All 1 local dealer service. Hard top. Black. Zero rust, perfect wood and dash. New tires. PERFECT!! $12,000 firm. The best I have ever seen. What do we think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 560 SL
8 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me! Let me know if you pass (although I don't know why you wo...

Sounds like a good deal to me! Let me know if you pass (although I don't know why you would).

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes 560SL
26 Posts
380SL Question

I would say go for it since it is in excellent condition. Sounds like a winner.

·
Premium Member
2008 E 320 Bluetec (ELEGANCE) 2005 CLK500 (avant-garde)
1,928 Posts
PLEASE FOR YOUR SAKE.....make sure that it has had the timing chain update to a double row...

PLEASE FOR YOUR SAKE.....make sure that it has had the timing chain update to a double row chnge. The '82 models had a single row change that broke and caused catatrophic damage to the engine requiring about $6000 in repairs.
[:(]

If it's had it done, buy with confidence. The 380Sl is a great car (timing chain notwithstanding). Not as much power as the 560, but you also can use regular unleaded gasoline, not premium![:D] and of course the gas mileage is better
[8D]

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Timing Chain

After chasing down part numbers, I learned that the timing chain is a double, and the tensioner was replaced two years ago. My new baby comes home as soon as I prepare the nursery (clean out the freakin' garage). According to the owner, it has NEVER spent the night outside. thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts