Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get to something in the engine compartment yesterday, and I think I pushed down the latch on the passenger side that grabs the hood when I put something there. I forgot to try to get it open before closing the hood, and now, that side of the hood is not latched, but stuck higher than the other side, and the inside release won't work on the other side, and even the tab in front won't release. I don't want to really force it, so...suggestions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worked perfectly. Took one, two light pushes and bing! I had images of the hood popping up going 65 down the Grand Central past LaGuardia, taking out 15 people with me (New Yorkers know what I'm talking about there...well, the ones that drive, anyhow)
Now, of course, I still have to change the xenon bulb on the Passenger side, and I can't get my hands in there, and I do not have fat ol' hamhocks, either! Frustrating!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Glad to hear it work for you. On your ligh bulb try to swap left and right side that will give a clue it's the bulb or ballast, hope this help you as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I can't even GET to the light bulb, never mind swapping anything. I'm going to have to try to remove the whole fixture today so I can do it. I already have a bulb, just can't get to the whole thing without taking it apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts