Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elegant, sleek, stylish, brilliant brushed metal, high-tech, durable package. But when I pushed the button and hit the paper, it broke.

Is it an ironic twist, or does the 164 lack real lead in its pencil???

OK, I'm jealous. Sue me.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,114 Posts
Promo

I sure wish I'd get one--don't car about the pencil but $500 in gas would be nice.

·
Registered
03 ML500/00 CLK320A
392 Posts
5thMB1stNew - 4/27/2005 8:13 AM

Elegant, sleek, stylish, brilliant brushed metal, high-tech, durable package. But when I pushed the button and hit the paper, it broke.

Is it an ironic twist, or does the 164 lack real lead in its pencil???

OK, I'm jealous. Sue me.
As to the silver mechanical pencil, I had the same impression -- looks pretty from a distance but on closer look and touch it has a VERY shoddy build quality.

MBUSA, this is for you:

If you're going to do something like this, do it correctly. This pencil is a piece of C-H-E-A-P JUNK. Sending out a crappy item like that insults the very image you're trying to convey in the USA. (Hope those things weren't manufactured in Vance/Tuscaloosa, Ala. That would make it even worse.) If you want some ideas for next time, look at what Land Rover gave to those of us who attended their Range Rover event last summer. Now, that was real class. So was everything about that RR event -- it wasn't some two-bit thing where you drive around in a stadium parking lot like MBUSA stages to showcase its stuff.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
70 Posts
If you want the promo

For those who didn't get the promo but want the gas card and/or the pencil please see the attached response when I queried MB via email.

"Thank you for your recent internet inquiry. We appreciate your patience.
Our records indicate that you should have received the mailing with this offer. If you don't have the mailing, you are still eligible to receive the mechanical pencil and gas card with the purchase of a 2006 M-Class.
Please contact your local authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer and they can assist you further. Our records indicate that Schumacher European is the closest dealer to you. They can be reached at (480) 991-1155.
We will be sending you the mechanical pencil shortly. You will receive it in seven to ten business days.
If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to e-mail us again
or call us at 1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372).
Sincerely,

Elizabeth Willard
Consumer Promotions
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC."

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
RE: If you want the promo

sheepdog - 4/28/2005 4:44 PM

For those who didn't get the promo but want the gas card and/or the pencil please see the attached response when I queried MB via email.
Thanks--I've got my salesperson working on it.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
AutoSaurus - 4/29/2005 10:50 AM

So exactly who is eligible for this offer?
I would guess anyone with $50k or so to spare!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Well, maybe not...

I actually found out I wasn't on "The List." Let's see, I bought one of the first W163s (which I still own), have been a proponent of it and the W164, signed up for advance information at mbusa.com, have more than adequate income to buy one, and I'm not on the list? what does it take? Considering I'm paying MSRP, a measly $500 gas card is the least they can do. Keep the cheap pencil.

My salesperson says they will get me on "the list."

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RE: Well, maybe not...

As positive as you have been regarding 164, MB should buy your gas for life!!

·
Registered
2013 ML-63 AMG, 2010 C350 4matic
221 Posts
I also think MB should give him a fully loaded ML-500 which he deserves for his great contibution. Greg is more convincing and more passionate than all MB commercials. This board and Greg in particular lured me away from Cayenne S.

·
Registered
03 ML500/00 CLK320A
392 Posts
Wolfgang - 4/28/2005 5:40 PM

woodyww - 4/28/2005 1:23 PM
manufactured in Vance/Tuscaloosa, Ala. That would make it even worse.)
Thought you were a clever kid? It says right on there where it's made... [;)]
It's such a piece of crap that I threw it away immediately after I picked it up. I'm supposing that it IS made in Vance. [^] Tell me, you obviously spent a lot of time with yours -- where was it made?

This is another piece of advice for you MBUSA: MB ought to know that the vast number of us who can afford its vehicles (new) don't wear cheap shoes, don't live in cheap houses, don't wear cheap watches, and don't write with cheap implements. (At least I don't. Don't know about the rest of ya.) Next time, think through your marketing promos, MBUSA. Some AD firm sold you the proverbial bill of goods...and took your money and hehehe'd all the way to the bank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts