Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74' 450 SE
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my mom got a digital SLR for her birthday so she gave me her MINOLTA SLR so I have been taking pictures like crazy.... finally got a chance to post some pictures of my car... i never realized how cool black and white film was.... enjoy!

first pic.... normally not this abusive to my car.... but no one believed my car had it in her.... i had my friends laughing so hard. very funny for some reason.

found this cool abandoned restaurant that made a kiler setting for black and white photo's.....

industrial part of Oregon City.... lot's of papermills...

this was taken at the willamette falls viewpoint right off hwy 99 in Oregon City...

this was taken at the viewpoint directly on the other side of the river.... right off I-205...

wasting film....

when the weather get's nice again and I get a little better at taking pictures i'll post some more photos.... maybe in color this time....

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Lovely photographs! I might as well try black and white, but I gotta find that elusive background first :p

Looks like your film was worth every single shot :D

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
Those are cool photos. I hope you weren't brake torquing for too long!

The B&W with a little grainyness gives it a correct 70's period look with the castle and all. :)

·
Registered
74' 450 SE
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
diametricalbenz said:
Those are cool photos. I hope you weren't brake torquing for too long!

The B&W with a little grainyness gives it a correct 70's period look with the castle and all. :)
no extended powerbraking.... just a quickie for a good laugh.

·
Premium Member
1972 280CE
4,232 Posts
Minolta SLR

Did she give you a Minolta DSLR or a film camera?
I'm a big fan of the Minolta SLR range and have a number of AF and MF cameras and lenses. I was hoping to get the Minolta Maxxum 7d but I have heard of some reliability problems.

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Those are some nice shots. What speed film were you using?

I really like black and white but I don't like wasting film so I am very conservative in what I shoot, often missing out on some nice shots. I'd love to buy a canon 20d dslr and shot some Black and white with that but I don't have the money yet.

I really like your first photo at the abandoned resturant. Great composition!

·
Registered
74' 450 SE
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alabbasi said:
Did she give you a Minolta DSLR or a film camera?
I'm a big fan of the Minolta SLR range and have a number of AF and MF cameras and lenses. I was hoping to get the Minolta Maxxum 7d but I have heard of some reliability problems.
film camera... which is fine for now. it is giving me a chance to see if I enjoy photography enough to invest a grand into a DSLR.

·
Registered
1974 450 se 1972 Cadillac Sedan Deville
24 Posts
hello

I just bought a 450 se just like yours. I do not even have it yet I can't wait to get it home. Jim:)

·
Registered
1999 CL500
677 Posts
u my friend, are an excellent photographer

your car is gorgeous, take care of it

·
Premium Member
1972 280CE
4,232 Posts
I just bought a Sony Alpha A100K digital SLR camera.
It uses the minolta AF mount which fits all my other film cameras.

I just used to to take a picture of my 280SEL as I'm listing it for sale.

It takes decent pictures, now I need to get creative.

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
Great photos and settings. Very seventies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts