Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
currently no MBs
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the driver's side the carpeting in the trunk is all wet. It has been raining like crazy here lately. The driver's side tail light has moisture inside the lens too. When I open the trunk lid, water drips out of the latch when it is open. Any idea where this could be coming from? The trunk seal looks good. The way I parked it might have something to do with this too. The rear end was a little higher than the front and the driver's side was angled to where the weather was blowing in from. I won't park like that anymore, but all ideas and suggestions are welcome and appreciated here, thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had the same problem with my coupe just the other day. I had backed into the driveway, which has a slight incline. In other words, the back of the car was higher than the front. I'm sure the coupe is different than the sedan (not sure which one you have).

I don't have moisture in my taillights... But what I noticed when I opened my trunk is that there was a pool of water between the rear fender and the weather stripping just below the lower drivers' side corner of the rear window (i.e., not inside the trunk). There was a lot of moisture just right below that pool of water in the bottom of my trunk.

My weather stripping looks great. So I figured that it was just because the water typically drains by running down that channel and drips off the rear of the car. I haven't had any problems with it since, and I live in Seattle!

·
Registered
currently no MBs
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will leave it level or have the front higher when parked. The plastic mount for the antenna is all cracked up and that is where the water is probably getting in from. I just made the connection from the leak to the cracked plastic mount thing now *duh*.

Mine is a 4 door sedan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts