Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i just got 1984 300td 300000 miles on it very little rust floor good inside very nice i payed 2500.00 is that to much

·
Registered
435 Posts
It all depends on how much you love it and how much YOU think it's worth.

I bought an 83 300TD off another board member for $800. I've had to patch up a bunch of rust, replace a fender, the two front doors and shampoo the crap out of the thing (it'd been sitting for a year or so). But after fixing that much and pulling the engine, trans and currently redoing the rear subframe.... if someone offered me $9000 I wouldn't take it.

It all depends on how much you love it. I got my 84 300D with no rust and no paperwork for $3400 with unknown miles. I've been told I paid too much, but who cares?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank u yes i love it was setting for 4years i had a 2000xj8 like new i swap it for the 300td put a battery it new fuel runs like new man i love this car :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
You already bought the car, so why worry about what you paid for it? To some people you will always pay too much for a car. Hopefully with as many miles that are on it , you know how to perform basic maintenance or it can get expensive for unforeseen repairs. If the body is not Rusty or beat to death, than it can be worth putting money into if it needs major repairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts