Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E320CDI
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I now have appointment with Mercedes of Knoxville next Tuesday. I have pulled my hair out, and so has my son I'm afraid, on the Intake air temperature sensor voltage too high code. We have checked everything and replaced the MAF and no change. I sent the ECU of to G7 computers, they fixed a hardware problem, but didn't change anything. G7 said it still could be the ECU but it tested good at their facility. G7 REFUNDED ALL MY MONEY!! I was only out shipping to them. G7 computers is a GREAT company, just wish they could have fixed my ECU. Mercedes should be able to tell me what is wrong, which I still believe to be ECU. I'll let you all know when I know. Blessings to all who commented.

·
Registered
1999 E430; 2005 ML500
2,116 Posts
Does the W211 have a separate intake temp sensor in the inlet hose somewhere?

·
Registered
2005 E320 wagon
1,917 Posts
I’m not familiar with the 648 but other MBs have IAT sensor separate from MAF sensor. Maybe separate ones upstream and downstream of the turbo/intercooler.

The member has other threads on this issue. I don’t remember when it started or what work might have been done around the time of failure. The sensor and ECU have been replaced. I’m thinking the harness got pinched such that sensor wires are shorted. A pin to pin test shows continuity but it would even if the wires are shorted to ground or each other. I suppose that was tested with the ECU and sensor disconnected

A possible cause of high IAT sensor reading is oil fouling. There would have to be tremendous blowby to foul a new sensor so quickly. Or turbo seal failure if the sensor is downstream of the turbo/intercooler.

Sixto
05 E320 wagon 175K miles

·
Registered
2005 E320CDI
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the comments, I'm hoping it's not the ECU, but I just don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts