Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VE FR is the culprit!

I sprayed bubbly soap water onto the valve and immediately heard and saw the bubbles forming. I have purchased a replacement valve from amazon and i have it now but im wondering if ill also need to buy an air line as well, in case the line itself is faulty. Im not sure if the leak truly requires a new valve or just the air line and the connectors but ill try to figure it out. If anyone else can help, please let me know! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered this piece on ebay.

Im going to try and get my regular mechanic to do a simple tube replacement first before i replace the entire valve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

The fix was a success. The valve block had no issues. This piece was all i needed. The mechanic used a computer to test each air bag and calibrated the ride height. The pump was good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok im back!
and guess what!
yes, i have another leak.

I am going to have to replace the rest of the fittings that connect to this valve block. A total of 4 replacement fittings that i listed above and one other time of air line that connects the air compressor to the air block valve. i am having trouble locating this air line because its thicker than the normal air line hoses.

Can anybody help me in locating the air line hose that connects the air block valve to the air compressor?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The thicker line is the one that connects the block to the compressor. It should run directly above the block. I think it ran 25.00 from the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
james.calton1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing