Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'02 C230 Sport Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2003 C230 *1.8* Liter Kompressor Sport Coupe...

*ugh* Then just call it a C 180 K...They have 'em in Germany, y'know... *Grumble* Why make the engine smaller?? It makes no sense!

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
It's different...

The 2003 C230 *1.8* Liter Kompressor Sport Coupe...

*ugh* Then just call it a C 180 K...They have 'em in Germany, y'know... *Grumble* Why make the engine smaller?? It makes no sense!
The new direction injection supercharged 4 cylinder engines are all 1.8L for now. They do have a C180K in Germany, but it has a different kind of 1.8L engine (a lot less powerful).

·
Registered
'02 C230 Sport Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bleh...

I still say it's an injustice.
Weaker engine, same price...*sigh*

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
BMW's 330 actually is 3L

MB's new engine option next year for MLs-- ML350-- it will be 3.7L.

·
Registered
W203 200 Kompressor
5 Posts
Re: It's different...

The new direction injection supercharged 4 cylinder engines are all 1.8L for now. They do have a C180K in Germany, but it has a different kind of 1.8L engine (a lot less powerful).
Are you sure about this? I was almost certain that it was the very same engine (but with different engine software)

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Not necessarily so...

I still say it's an injustice.
Weaker engine, same price...*sigh*
While there may be slightly less horsepower and slightly less torque, the engine is also far smoother, more fuel efficient, and much cleaner. The 0-62mph times only drop by 0.1 seconds (in other words, no change whatsoever).

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Yes...

Are you sure about this? I was almost certain that it was the very same engine (but with different engine software)
It's a completely different engine. Aluminum alloy instead of the old steel block.

·
Registered
W203 200 Kompressor
5 Posts
Re: Yes...

It's a completely different engine. Aluminum alloy instead of the old steel block.
Ohh a slight misunderstanding from my side...

Ok, what I was referring to was the "old" C180. As far as I know there havn't been any supercharged C180"K" based on the old M111-engine. The "old" C180 had the same 2 litre engine-block as the "old" C200K but was naturally aspirated.

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
4 valves per cylinder

the latest model is not the 3 valves with twin spark arrangement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts