Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 C240 with the model CM1010 radio/audio system. The battery has been disconnected for some work, and after reconnecting the battery, I don't get the "code" prompt when I turned the radio on. Instead the display lights up and the push buttons function. By that I mean that I mean that I can select the radio, tape, CD, or phone, and the tuner changes stations, but I get no sound. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
I have a 2001 C240 with the model CM1010 radio/audio system. The battery has been disconnected for some work, and after reconnecting the battery, I don't get the "code" prompt when I turned the radio on. Instead the display lights up and the push buttons function. By that I mean that I mean that I can select the radio, tape, CD, or phone, and the tuner changes stations, but I get no sound. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Do you have a Bose amplifier? Did you check the fuses? Does not sound like a security code issue.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a Bose amplifier? Did you check the fuses? Does not sound like a security code issue.
Yes, I have an amplifier, but I don't yet know what brand. Also, the radio has two sets of outputs, one to feed the amp and another to feed some speakers directly. Fortunately, I have a cable which uses that second output and I plugged that in and connected it to one of the speakers and I got sound. So, I now need to check out the amplifier system. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have solved my problem. The car had been wrecked before I bought it and there was no CD changer, but I had picked one up. When I found all of the connections for the CD changer and plugged them in, the audio system started working. One more problem solved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts