Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a few problems with my car. So what is new?

As you know my right door panel came in ruined when I purchased my car. Since I have the black X11 interior which is brand new for 2005 they don't stock that part.

That being the case, every time you order a part that is specific only to the X11 interior it has to be specially made by the manufacturer.

Well, today after the dealer got door panel number 5 which was no good, yes the 5th one, I decided I had enough.

I called the President's office in Montvale a several days ago after door panel number 4 came in destroyed as well. The first time I spoke to a very cooperative person that said she would help. Well, she was nice but totally useless.

Yesterday and today I spoke to two different people in the President's office and I can tell you they were the most arrogant obnoxious robotic people I have ever spoken with.

I can tell you under any circumstances, no matter what the options are I am going to have a very tough time giving Mercedes my hard earned money in the future. They are a company that just does not deserve my loyalty no matter how much I think the car is superior to its competition.

I also hired a lawyer today that sued Mercedes many years ago and kicked their ass for big dollars. If they don't get me my door panel and other parts real fast I am going after them big time.

I don't care if I have to spend another $100,000 to prove my point but I can promise you, Mr. Mercedes, I will. Principle is far more important to me than money and if they don't rectify my situation they are going to find out just how much of a pain in the ass I can be.

I totally dislike arrogance, even worse when you have no right to it. Come on, last in customer satisfaction. Oh…that's a surprise.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
Lovin i stand by you 100%, you have my complete respect, going after mercedes, my family was not involved in a other lawsuit which we have waited for, four years. We would have done the exact same. I will not buy and NEVER will buy from mercedes because of ther horrible reputation now, i can believe that i'm actually saying horrible REPUTATION. As the Mercedes head people you talked to in the President's office, thats bad, shows how much they really care. I honestly think we should some how start a north american petition of just Mercedes customers and have everyone sign a BELOW MUCH BELOW unsatisfactory satisfaction statement argh i came apart at the end there lovin hopefully you and the rest understand what I'm saying, we really should somehow make a stand because myself and a few friends, and just sounds like TONS of others from around the continent are having just as much problems and even worse. Time to take it to them. Maybe the numbers will start to add up, and that it self will show them, or we can add in something blah blah never ever buy a mercedes vechicle again or what not...know what i mean guys?

just a thought

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
Can there really be that big of a difference between the standard in the USA and UK??

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Thank god the dealers over here are nothing like that. Maybe some people get arrogant because they're selling a high end car marque.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I too hate Mercedes service. Not once they [completely] fix my cars the first time I bring them in, regarless of how simple the problem is! [:(!]

·
Registered
233 Posts
I understand Lovin's position, spending adult money for a top line car and being treated like an inner city step child is BS.

You can't beat having a GM or a Service Manager at the dealership where you have a friendly mutual respect relationship with, these guys I have found can really help with tough on-going problems.

I would also get the regional Mercedes zone managers name and request a friendly cup of coffee with him, this guy does have some juice within Mercedes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
no company should treat its customers that way.

i thought that the US was really in to customer satisfaction?

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can believe this one...

I got a call today from my Service Manger who said they got a call from Mercedes corporate who said that they would "TRY" to get Germany to pack the next door panel differently.

"TRY", please, I'd be out of business in my company if I had to "TRY" to do something so simple.

Hey, "TRY" is more than I had yesterday.

·
Registered
SLK 200 K
278 Posts
well, this lovinsl600 story reminds me a friend of mine who owns a Chrysler Wrangler 4.0 Jeep or something like that. he tried to fix his left turn indicator cos someone broke it and he thought what the heck i ll fix the right indicator as well. how much expensive could that be! and it costed him 200 euros - 250 bucks!! and of course it wasnt right away cos he had to wait for the indicator to be shipped direct from the United States of America!!can you believe it?? incredible.

the moral of the story is that buying a US car in Europe will give you a hard time and vise versa.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can't remember the car mag I was reading but the article was about what German car makers thought of their cars compared to what Germans living in Germany that owned cars thought. Style, reliability, prestige etc were the criteria.

The net was Mercedes still thinks they are the best cars made followed by BMW and Audi, then down the list was the Japanese cars.

German car owners on the other hand rated all the Japanese cars highest, followed by the Korean cars, then I think Porsche was about tenth and Mercedes was 25th out of 26 cars only one slot better then Land Rover!
Maybe Mercedes should start listening to their own people?

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
OK you ready?
I am going to go to Midas on 2sday and get their opinion before i do anything.

Last night - my "BRAKE FLUID VISIT WORKSHOP" warning light came on. not BRAKE WEAR or whatever.

Now! Here is why I am angry. I just went in for Service A this past week when i got the bad news about the "need" for brakes.
SERVICE A INCLUDES BRAKE FLUID CHECKING! obviously, that was not done! I have not yet paid the bill and do not think I will!

What do i do in a case like that? Call MBNA?

I cant tell you how angry i am because its so apparent that they dont care about their customer! EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO TELL ME that brake fluid will cost EXTRA and is NOT covered by Service A....... fine! BUT TELL ME I NEED IT!!!!! GIVE ME THE OPTION TO PAY FOR IT! any thoughts?

IS THIS REALLY MERCEDES...... the finest automobile engineered?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Maybe they did check brakefluid, even added some more, but it was after this check that something went wrong.

Yes, it sounds like a sh1tty situation, but don't pull too many conclusions before you are 100% sure of what happened.

Maybe the tech was doing something to the breaks and failed to refit a piece correctly in place.

Our cars are made of over 10,000 individual pieces. Good luck to anybody in knowing and remembering how to fit each and every one of them in place, at every single time.

No human is 'super' human to begin with. Very easy to over look something or the other.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
But see, thats the thing. THey are supposed to be the ones that know about the cars. I dont know how to change a tire (well i do) but u know what i mean. We are supposed to trust our cars with them. It was a matter of putting fluid into a plastic container in the car. I dont understand why that was not done. The gas station that filled my brake fluid tank said it was almost on empty..... so none was added.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chucky300 - 4/18/2005 9:52 AM

But see, thats the thing. THey are supposed to be the ones that know about the cars. I dont know how to change a tire (well i do) but u know what i mean. We are supposed to trust our cars with them. It was a matter of putting fluid into a plastic container in the car. I dont understand why that was not done. The gas station that filled my brake fluid tank said it was almost on empty..... so none was added.
Chucky,

You are absolutely right here. Anyone can make excuses if they try hard enough. Bottom line, plain and simple is that this is just another example of Mercedes incompetence.

Pure and simple.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Thanks Lovin,

It really isnt fair to any of us. Why cant they just provide good cars, or at least provide GOOD service to fix their problematic cars.

You know the S500 4matic? it should say S500 ProbleMATIC. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Lovin600, I agree with you entirely. The first word that comes to mind with me as regards MB is certainly the word ARROGANCE. When will these people in MB realise that the customer must come first. You have a much better legal system and protection in US than in Ireland. What you have experienced from them is simply appaling. With the great choice in cars out there MB is being very foolish with the way it deals with its customers. I am on the way to being a past customer because I dont want grief anymore. Owning such a beautiful car should be fun, instead its grief and stress. I always believe in the old saying that once a dog gets a bad name its very hard to regain a reputation. Ihope the next panel turns out OK for you!! Otherwise close the door on them (excuse the joke)!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts