Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around with my tachometer because it has been behaving poorly.
Wanted to check the connections so I took off the tach mp and also the base that connects to the car. The base "looked like" it had a removable connector but when I took it out in crumbled in my hands leaving me with three wires and no idea where they go.
I bought a new tach amp and have everything reconnected but still no tach so I'm thinking I have the wires mixed up.
I haven't been able to find anything on the CD about the tach.
Any one have any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not so sure. It looks like there are two sets of wires that come off of the bottom. One goes down towards the engine and the thicker one goes back towards the fuse box. Attached is the schematic. Maybe a picture would help make the problem clearer and then I could compare with mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the diagram. It is the wire that goes to the sensor. I'm wondering if the sensor might be bad but it seems highly unlikely that it would be a component failure. I'm wondering if maybe the sensor was knocked out of alignment or maybe damaged. I'll have to dive into it this afternoon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got around to chasing ths down. Found a connection that had some corrosion. Cleaned that up and my tach is working. Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts